Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Mondeo ST220 Discussion

Moderator: Other Ford Moderators

Post Reply
Niel05
-
-
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 2:43 am
Make: Ford
Model: Mondeo
Type: St220
Year: 2005

Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Post by Niel05 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 am

Hi guys I'm interested to know if anyone of you ever tried to or have Turbo a 'ST' 220

Niel05
-
-
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 2:43 am
Make: Ford
Model: Mondeo
Type: St220
Year: 2005

Re: Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Post by Niel05 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Do you guys want all the pictures from start to where the car is nou carently or just some random pictures.? There is over the 200 pictures of the build

Niel05
-
-
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 2:43 am
Make: Ford
Model: Mondeo
Type: St220
Year: 2005

Re: Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Post by Niel05 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:11 pm


Niel05
-
-
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 2:43 am
Make: Ford
Model: Mondeo
Type: St220
Year: 2005

Re: Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Post by Niel05 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am

Why doesn't it want to upload the images?
Last edited by Niel05 on Mon May 20, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

V6 Capri
+
Posts: 8245
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:03 am
Make: 1L Ford
Model: 2L Ford
Type: 3L Ford
Year: 1990
Location: East Rand

Re: Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Post by V6 Capri » Mon May 20, 2019 9:41 am

Looks good. Hate to ask, but how much wheelspin do you get? And what is the consumption like?
1964 Ford Anglia 997cc
1972 Ford Capri 3000GT
1994 Ford Escort Cosworth (replica)
1996 Ford Escort MK6 Zetec Turbo

Niel05
-
-
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 2:43 am
Make: Ford
Model: Mondeo
Type: St220
Year: 2005

Re: Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Post by Niel05 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 am

Thank you

To be honest I haven't really drove the car because the motor was still on stock internals and on my way home from the Dyno I damaged the motor so I took it out and is currently busy to save up some cash for Forged internals so I can't answer the questions now but if I have to guess I'll say it will give me about 5km per liter on 0.8bar boost. the plan is to go AWD on it on a later stage once I'm done with the engine but for now I'll first drive it with fwd and a set of semi slicks in the front

User avatar
BigBear
"Quote & Link Boss"
Posts: 13306
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:30 am
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST 225
Year: 2009
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Post by BigBear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Niel05 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am
Why doesn't it want to upload the images?
Need to use external host.. Photobucket etc

User avatar
BigBear
"Quote & Link Boss"
Posts: 13306
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:30 am
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST 225
Year: 2009
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Post by BigBear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 pm

Niel05 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 am
Hi guys I'm interested to know if anyone of you ever tried to or have Turbo a 'ST' 220
Noble m400 used ST220 motor as base..
the Ford Mondeo ST220. With this engine as a base, Noble fits high-lift camshafts, revised fuel injection, and Garrett AiResearch T28 twin-turbochargers.

For durability, Noble also added forged pistons, an oil cooler, a larger baffled oil sump, and extra cooling ducts. Its engine has a maximum power of 425 bhp (431 PS; 317 kW) at 6,500 rpm, with a torque figure of 390 lb⋅ft (529 N⋅m) at 5,000 rpm. This power and a light weight allow the M400 to achieve a power-to-weight ratio of just over 400 bhp (406 PS; 298 kW)/ton

User avatar
BigBear
"Quote & Link Boss"
Posts: 13306
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:30 am
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST 225
Year: 2009
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Post by BigBear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Niel05 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 am
Thank you

To be honest I haven't really drove the car because the motor was still on stock internals and on my way home from the Dyno I damaged the motor so I took it out and is currently busy to save up some cash for Forged internals so I can't answer the questions now but if I have to guess I'll say it will give me about 5km per liter on 0.8bar boost. the plan is to go AWD on it on a later stage once I'm done with the engine but for now I'll first drive it with fwd and a set of semi slicks in the front
Jaguar X type uses same motor with awd..

Niel05
-
-
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 2:43 am
Make: Ford
Model: Mondeo
Type: St220
Year: 2005

Re: Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversation

Post by Niel05 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Yes I'm going to use the awd jaguar x type part and I'm going to custom make me a set of Forged pistons for my car. Busy saving up some cash because the Forged pistons and conrod is going to cost me R52 000.

Post Reply

Return to “Mondeo ST220 Discussion”