Moderator: Focus ST Moderators

-
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: 225 ST
Year: 2009

Misfire/hesitation under load

Postby Wayne_MagicmanST » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi guys. Would like to get advice on a current issue I'm having which I've noticed in 3rd or 4th gear (low down gears) driving in one of these gears off the boost as soon as i accelerate hard and get up to full boost I get almost like a Misfire/hesitation but feels like a popping effect. But when driving hard from the get go through the gears I don't experience this problem. It's like it doesn't like that sudden power load in the low down gears

I have changed my plugs thinking they were on the way out. I'm running Bosch fr6s. I have cleaned my filter, maf and map sensor, coils and the electrical plugs connecting to these. I noticed a 4 of my coils all had cracks in the same place so I sealed and insulated them thinking it's grounding to everything else and not the spark plug (I do plan to buy new ones which I'm in the process of doing so)

After all that I have done my problem is still persistent and no fault codes or engine light comes on.

+
Model: Kuga
Type: Non Burning
Year: 2015

Re: Misfire/hesitation under load

Postby JakeST » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Is your car modded? What mods? Maybe gap the spark plugs a little smaller......think 0.5 or 0.6 or check your fuel supply.
Is a White Ricecar!!!!!!

-

Postby Wayne_MagicmanST » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Yes, I have a 76mm DP and 76mm Cat back exhaust split 63mm, Decat, CAI, Xcell BOV, Stage 1 Dimsport and cooler with uprated boost pipes.

In the boot is a MAF which came with the car don't know the working status of it. I want to clean and try plug that in should it work that's great, if it faults then i'll toss that away and clear the fault and put my current one back on.

Gap the plugs, I checked them they seemed to be at a quick look 0.70 preset out the box. Fuel supply I can always check that

+
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2006

Postby Kay150 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:39 pm

I am having a similar issue with my car.... turns out my injectors are clogged. Maybe its the same for you? Try an injector cleaner (something like NF super sport maybe).
I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

-

Postby Wayne_MagicmanST » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Turned out to be coil packs. All sorted now

+

Postby Kay150 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:41 pm

Nice xmas prezzie

-
Make: Ford bantam
Model: Bantam 1.6 rocam
Type: Ldv

Postby Sean Bartlett » Thu May 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi there , I cleaned my Bantam's Engine , It started to misfire at idle , so I cleaned out all the leads and then it seemed to run fine . Then it started to misfire as I accelerate but if I just touch the Throttle it goes fine . Any suggestions ?

+

Postby Kay150 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Check coils and plugs first and also run an injector cleaner.

-
Year: 2012

Postby Wiaan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi guys,i also have a 2012 Focus St1 2000L.i am also strugling with a misfire,bought new coils and injectors from Ford and still the problem is there, it misfires straight through the gears.Its def only running on 3cylinders.the car is at a well known mechanical shop in cape town but they cant seem to get the problem.the car is stock standard,no mods,cat is still intact.please help as i am a rep and this is my bread and butter.

+
Make: Make
Model: Model
Type: Type
Year: 1990

Postby [email protected] » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 am

Wiaan wrote:Hi guys,i also have a 2012 Focus St1 2000L.i am also strugling with a misfire,bought new coils and injectors from Ford and still the problem is there, it misfires straight through the gears.Its def only running on 3cylinders.the car is at a well known mechanical shop in cape town but they cant seem to get the problem.the car is stock standard,no mods,cat is still intact.please help as i am a rep and this is my bread and butter.
Bring the car to me, ill have a look

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk
info[at]OutThereCustoms.co.za / OutThereCustoms.co.za

OTC Section

Return to General Focus Tech Talk