DS and cracked sleeves

C21 Dreamscience Discussion

Moderator: C21 Dreamscience Dealer

+
User avatar
Posts: 1415
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:59 am
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST
Year: 2007

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby STeam » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Im fine with DS map. I considered all sw brands before making my choice. DSCI was the best for me..........power, economy and not running the risk of blowing the motor. And Im enjoying it.
But all this DalaSleeve talk makes me worried. So I had to ask.

Check my sig for mods.......is pump fuel fine to run?
Actuator still in factory position.
Image
2007 FOCUS ST
MOTOCADE CAI
5 PIECE SFS BOOST PIPE KIT
BIGGER I/C
PRIMAFORCE 76MM FULL ZORST
XCEDED STG2 MAP

Ek Mod Alles!
User avatar
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Centurion
Make: Range Rover
Model: Evoque
Type: Dynamic
Year: 2013

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby Bloubul7 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Prash - C21 wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:
IvanB wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:Ask for proof that the DS software caused any sleeves to crack. Speak to the owners to get the truth.
DS has been tuning ST's in SA, since they arrived on these shores, including the RS. We hold the majority of the market, not the forum :)

The name calling is what it is.
1/4mile times and 1km exit speeds (which is not heavily dependent on driver) speak for themselves in 3 provinces.
Framed dyno sheets are nice, trophies are better :)


Our cars are fast enough, no need to stress the engine to go faster.



That is the biggest load of **** ever.

St's dorn have dsg boss. Ask me how I got into my friend's S3, first time, shaved 1 sec off his time? It is HEAVILY driver dependant.


That comment is for the 1km.
What difference did you make on the 1km ?

Are you really that dom? Surely the driver makes a difference on the 1km. It is still driven by the super fast DSG elbow and not red lining every gear


How big a difference do you assume gear changes make on the 1km?
Next time you run 1km take off from 50m after the start line and compare to your speed from the start line. We'll assume that 50m taken out from the equation was the time you spent looking at your GPS for directions to gears OK.

Your maths sucks as well. If I took 0.5s longer on each gear than you that means I would have lost 100m
Playa25 wrote:he did nothing at first but when he side kicks started throwing punches from the side

Image

Current - RR Evoque
2011 Bantam 1.6i
ex - Focus ST
Ford Fiesta
Mazda RX 8
Ford Fiesta ST

The Peado Master
User avatar
Posts: 2487
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:36 am
Make: Audi
Model: S3
Type: 8P
Year: 2007

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby IvanB » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Prash - C21 wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:
IvanB wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:Ask for proof that the DS software caused any sleeves to crack. Speak to the owners to get the truth.
DS has been tuning ST's in SA, since they arrived on these shores, including the RS. We hold the majority of the market, not the forum :)

The name calling is what it is.
1/4mile times and 1km exit speeds (which is not heavily dependent on driver) speak for themselves in 3 provinces.
Framed dyno sheets are nice, trophies are better :)


Our cars are fast enough, no need to stress the engine to go faster.



That is the biggest load of **** ever.

St's dorn have dsg boss. Ask me how I got into my friend's S3, first time, shaved 1 sec off his time? It is HEAVILY driver dependant.


That comment is for the 1km.
What difference did you make on the 1km ?

Are you really that dom? Surely the driver makes a difference on the 1km. It is still driven by the super fast DSG elbow and not red lining every gear


How big a difference do you assume gear changes make on the 1km?
Next time you run 1km take off from 50m after the start line and compare to your speed from the start line. We'll assume that 50m taken out from the equation was the time you spent looking at your GPS for directions to gears OK.



I don't need a GPS to look for directions of gears. Ill outshift the k @ k out of you any day. Granny shifting FTL!
ImageImage Image

The Peado Master
User avatar
Posts: 2487
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:36 am
Make: Audi
Model: S3
Type: 8P
Year: 2007

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby IvanB » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:02 pm

STeam wrote:Im fine with DS map. I considered all sw brands before making my choice. DSCI was the best for me..........power, economy and not running the risk of blowing the motor. And Im enjoying it.
But all this DalaSleeve talk makes me worried. So I had to ask.

Check my sig for mods.......is pump fuel fine to run?
Actuator still in factory position.



I only see one issue with your mod list... the last mod
ImageImage Image

+
Posts: 2562
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:48 pm

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby mjp » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:04 pm

bully wrote:
mjp wrote:Honestly, I see people complaining that software breaks cars. What people fail to understand is that a modded car can have breakages due to many factors and software is not necessarily the cause. It could be a host of things like detonation, bad fuel, worn parts, faulty plugs etc that can result in stressing the motor which can end up with a breakage.

also if your pistons are too small


That is a myth. :lol:
VAG Motorsport

For all your performance, wheels and stlyling requirements please check link below. Now carrying a range of wheels, plugs for the ST225/ST250 as well as suspensions for Fords.

http://www.vwgticlub.co.za/webstore/index.php

+
User avatar
Posts: 35690
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 pm
Location: jhb
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST225
Year: 2006

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby Boolee » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm

IvanB wrote:
STeam wrote:Im fine with DS map. I considered all sw brands before making my choice. DSCI was the best for me..........power, economy and not running the risk of blowing the motor. And Im enjoying it.
But all this DalaSleeve talk makes me worried. So I had to ask.

Check my sig for mods.......is pump fuel fine to run?
Actuator still in factory position.



I only see one issue with your mod list... the last mod

and the first one "2007 focus st" :lol:
Hairdresser car
252wkw
12.3 @ dragwars '17

UCBRacing Performance Fuels
UCBRacing.com
@UCBRacing
[email protected]

☻/
/▌
/ \

+
User avatar
Posts: 35690
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 pm
Location: jhb
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST225
Year: 2006

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby Boolee » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm

mjp wrote:
bully wrote:
mjp wrote:Honestly, I see people complaining that software breaks cars. What people fail to understand is that a modded car can have breakages due to many factors and software is not necessarily the cause. It could be a host of things like detonation, bad fuel, worn parts, faulty plugs etc that can result in stressing the motor which can end up with a breakage.

also if your pistons are too small


That is a myth. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

see corzza, that's how you behave when someone choons you
Last edited by Boolee on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hairdresser car
252wkw
12.3 @ dragwars '17

UCBRacing Performance Fuels
UCBRacing.com
@UCBRacing
[email protected]

☻/
/▌
/ \

+
User avatar
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:34 am
Location: Kempton Park
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: RS
Year: 2010

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby Prash - C21 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Bloubul7 wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:
IvanB wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:Ask for proof that the DS software caused any sleeves to crack. Speak to the owners to get the truth.
DS has been tuning ST's in SA, since they arrived on these shores, including the RS. We hold the majority of the market, not the forum :)

The name calling is what it is.
1/4mile times and 1km exit speeds (which is not heavily dependent on driver) speak for themselves in 3 provinces.
Framed dyno sheets are nice, trophies are better :)


Our cars are fast enough, no need to stress the engine to go faster.



That is the biggest load of **** ever.

St's dorn have dsg boss. Ask me how I got into my friend's S3, first time, shaved 1 sec off his time? It is HEAVILY driver dependant.


That comment is for the 1km.
What difference did you make on the 1km ?

Are you really that dom? Surely the driver makes a difference on the 1km. It is still driven by the super fast DSG elbow and not red lining every gear


How big a difference do you assume gear changes make on the 1km?
Next time you run 1km take off from 50m after the start line and compare to your speed from the start line. We'll assume that 50m taken out from the equation was the time you spent looking at your GPS for directions to gears OK.

Your maths sucks as well. If I took 0.5s longer on each gear than you that means I would have lost 100m



OK then, I didn't think you were that useless.
Prash

2010 Focus RS
1/4 mile = 12.765s @ 177.7 kph (MODDED)
1/4mile = 13.469s @ 175kph (100% Stock with 95RON)
1km = 241kph (MODDED)


EX 2009 Focus ST 1/4 mile = 13.6s @ 169 km/h @ Slippery Tarlton
Custom Tuned by C21 Engineering

+
User avatar
Posts: 15139
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:33 pm
Location: Cape Town
Make: VWFORDBMWTOYOTACHEV
Model: *****
Type: ******
Year: 2014

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby V.B » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 pm

bully wrote:
IvanB wrote:
STeam wrote:Im fine with DS map. I considered all sw brands before making my choice. DSCI was the best for me..........power, economy and not running the risk of blowing the motor. And Im enjoying it.
But all this DalaSleeve talk makes me worried. So I had to ask.

Check my sig for mods.......is pump fuel fine to run?
Actuator still in factory position.



I only see one issue with your mod list... the last mod

and the first one "2007 focus st" :lol:


lol
------------------------------------

R.W.B aka V.B

Revo Uber Alles
User avatar
Posts: 5645
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 pm
Make: Lamborghini
Model: Gallardo
Type: LP 560-4
Year: 2014

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby Tai » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 pm

IvanB wrote:
STeam wrote:Im fine with DS map. I considered all sw brands before making my choice. DSCI was the best for me..........power, economy and not running the risk of blowing the motor. And Im enjoying it.
But all this DalaSleeve talk makes me worried. So I had to ask.

Check my sig for mods.......is pump fuel fine to run?
Actuator still in factory position.



I only see one issue with your mod list... the last mod


Image
Image

Ek Mod Alles!
User avatar
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Centurion
Make: Range Rover
Model: Evoque
Type: Dynamic
Year: 2013

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby Bloubul7 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Prash - C21 wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:
IvanB wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:Ask for proof that the DS software caused any sleeves to crack. Speak to the owners to get the truth.
DS has been tuning ST's in SA, since they arrived on these shores, including the RS. We hold the majority of the market, not the forum :)

The name calling is what it is.
1/4mile times and 1km exit speeds (which is not heavily dependent on driver) speak for themselves in 3 provinces.
Framed dyno sheets are nice, trophies are better :)


Our cars are fast enough, no need to stress the engine to go faster.



That is the biggest load of **** ever.

St's dorn have dsg boss. Ask me how I got into my friend's S3, first time, shaved 1 sec off his time? It is HEAVILY driver dependant.


That comment is for the 1km.
What difference did you make on the 1km ?

Are you really that dom? Surely the driver makes a difference on the 1km. It is still driven by the super fast DSG elbow and not red lining every gear


How big a difference do you assume gear changes make on the 1km?
Next time you run 1km take off from 50m after the start line and compare to your speed from the start line. We'll assume that 50m taken out from the equation was the time you spent looking at your GPS for directions to gears OK.

Your maths sucks as well. If I took 0.5s longer on each gear than you that means I would have lost 100m



OK then, I didn't think you were that useless.

Point made, it is driver dependant.
Playa25 wrote:he did nothing at first but when he side kicks started throwing punches from the side

Image

Current - RR Evoque
2011 Bantam 1.6i
ex - Focus ST
Ford Fiesta
Mazda RX 8
Ford Fiesta ST

+
User avatar
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:56 pm
Location: JHB
Make: BMW
Model: ///M
Type: Power
Year: 2007

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby Rascal69 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Number 1 Cause for sleeve cracking is Actuators!! Dont touch the farking thing!!! if your tuner cant give decent power without touching the actuator, find another tuner! finish and kla!! that actuator bolt is a **** thing, need to use double bolt and locktite to stop it from coming loose on its own and busting your sleeves.

+
User avatar
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:34 am
Location: Kempton Park
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: RS
Year: 2010

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby Prash - C21 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Bloubul7 wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:
IvanB wrote:
Prash - C21 wrote:Ask for proof that the DS software caused any sleeves to crack. Speak to the owners to get the truth.
DS has been tuning ST's in SA, since they arrived on these shores, including the RS. We hold the majority of the market, not the forum :)

The name calling is what it is.
1/4mile times and 1km exit speeds (which is not heavily dependent on driver) speak for themselves in 3 provinces.
Framed dyno sheets are nice, trophies are better :)


Our cars are fast enough, no need to stress the engine to go faster.



That is the biggest load of **** ever.

St's dorn have dsg boss. Ask me how I got into my friend's S3, first time, shaved 1 sec off his time? It is HEAVILY driver dependant.


That comment is for the 1km.
What difference did you make on the 1km ?

Are you really that dom? Surely the driver makes a difference on the 1km. It is still driven by the super fast DSG elbow and not red lining every gear


How big a difference do you assume gear changes make on the 1km?
Next time you run 1km take off from 50m after the start line and compare to your speed from the start line. We'll assume that 50m taken out from the equation was the time you spent looking at your GPS for directions to gears OK.

Your maths sucks as well. If I took 0.5s longer on each gear than you that means I would have lost 100m



OK then, I didn't think you were that useless.

Point made, it is driver dependant.



LMAO, are you stationary between gear changes?

Go try it!!!

Any form of racing is driver dependent off course. It is not as big on the 1km, we have checked this at almost every visit to ODI.

Or even better, skip 2nd second gear and see the difference :)
Prash

2010 Focus RS
1/4 mile = 12.765s @ 177.7 kph (MODDED)
1/4mile = 13.469s @ 175kph (100% Stock with 95RON)
1km = 241kph (MODDED)


EX 2009 Focus ST 1/4 mile = 13.6s @ 169 km/h @ Slippery Tarlton
Custom Tuned by C21 Engineering

Revo Uber Alles
User avatar
Posts: 6504
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:08 am
Make: Audi
Model: RS3
Type: Revo 2 S-tronic
Year: 2012

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby nanovapour » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Not stationary but obviously accelaration does suffer with sloppy gear shifts, ie - loss of momentum by letting boost drop off alot more.

Miss a shift and free roll for a bit and you have a shorter distance to use maximum acceleration, which will impact your 1km speed.
Current : Audi RS3 | REVO 2
400whp & 640Nm @ FR&R
11.9 at RaceSA event Aug 15

EX : CW Roc 2.0TSi
250wkw 507Nm @ KAR
12.5 @ 180km/h (Dragwars 2013)
12.5 @ 185.8km/h (Dragwars Invitational 2013)
241km/h - 1km @ ODI (Sept 2013)


Image

+
User avatar
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:34 am
Location: Kempton Park
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: RS
Year: 2010

Re: DS and cracked sleeves

Postby Prash - C21 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:17 pm

STeam wrote:Im fine with DS map. I considered all sw brands before making my choice. DSCI was the best for me..........power, economy and not running the risk of blowing the motor. And Im enjoying it.
But all this DalaSleeve talk makes me worried. So I had to ask.

Check my sig for mods.......is pump fuel fine to run?
Actuator still in factory position.


95RON is fine
Prash

2010 Focus RS
1/4 mile = 12.765s @ 177.7 kph (MODDED)
1/4mile = 13.469s @ 175kph (100% Stock with 95RON)
1km = 241kph (MODDED)


EX 2009 Focus ST 1/4 mile = 13.6s @ 169 km/h @ Slippery Tarlton
Custom Tuned by C21 Engineering

PreviousNext

Return to C21 Dreamscience Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest