Moderator: C21 Dreamscience Dealer

Site Administrator
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST
Year: 2006

Re: Dreamscience cable or app problem

Postby P Dubs - C21 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:12 am

Jacques2013 wrote:I contacted shaun about 3weeks ago. He treid to help but does not know alor about this package since they never imported it.

Thanks anyway..

UK only way then.
C21 Dreamscience Team - Still The Benchmark
http://www.dsci.co.za
RS = 12.4 sec @ Killarney 2011

BT ST 1km sprint = 279km/h @ ODI 2014
QM = 12.1 @ Killarney - MSA 2013

+
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST
Year: 2008

Re: Dreamscience cable or app problem

Postby Jacques2013 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi P dubs

See comments below from another forum on the net. This is the exact problem I am am having.

FordXR5Turbo.com - The Ford Focus & Mondeo XR5 Turbo Forums
Tuning Houses & Product Developers => Dreamscience Automotive => Topic started by: j0k0 on November 17, 2009, 06:17:16 PM

Title: Just got the DSCI and I'm getting nowhere with it
Post by: j0k0 on November 17, 2009, 06:17:16 PM
Ok maybe one of you guys can give me a hand tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I just received the DSCI tuning platform today and I'm not having any bloody luck with it. So far I have installed the drivers for the cable on two different PCs (Both running Vista), started up the tuning app and when I plug the cable from the car to the pc the app just hangs and goes nowhere, as soon as I unplug the cable it the app runs but once the cable is back in, same issue.... Any ideas?

Title: Re: Just got the DSCI and I'm getting nowhere with it
Post by: repeat on November 17, 2009, 06:26:55 PM
sorry for asking a **** question but did you follow the instructions on the pdf provided step by step?

are you at the step where you're loading the tune and it tells you to plug the cable into the lap top then the car then when you hit "next" it hangs?

when loading the tune i dont take any chances (only cuz i don't knwo better) but even down to always plugging it into the laptop first then the car.

bit more info would be good

Post by: Zoidy on November 17, 2009, 06:56:39 PM
I think another member had this issue and not plugging the cables in early and plugging them in in the order the instructions tells you to solved the problem

Post by: Dreamscience-Flash on November 17, 2009, 07:08:45 PM
Quote from: j0k0 on November 17, 2009, 06:17:16 PM
Ok maybe one of you guys can give me a hand tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I just received the DSCI tuning platform today and I'm not having any bloody luck with it. So far I have installed the drivers for the cable on two different PCs (Both running Vista), started up the tuning app and when I plug the cable from the car to the pc the app just hangs and goes nowhere, as soon as I unplug the cable it the app runs but once the cable is back in, same issue.... Any ideas?

Hi Sir

Sounds like a driver issue or a pc conflict somewhere, please can you e-mail [email protected] he has been briefed and is waiting to help you.

All the best

[email protected]

Post by: hyperactive on November 17, 2009, 07:25:10 PM
Wow and one wonders why we love DS so much.. the customer service is just exemplary! Well deserved +1 I think..

Post by: emmanuel on November 17, 2009, 07:43:00 PM
Quote from: hyperactive on November 17, 2009, 07:25:10 PM
Wow and one wonders why we love DS so much.. the customer service is just exemplary! Well deserved +1 I think..
Yes yes, customer service of dreamscience is great! [*cough* freebie cat back exhaust *cough*]

Post by: j0k0 on November 17, 2009, 08:39:14 PM
Quote from: Dreamscience-Flash on November 17, 2009, 07:08:45 PM

Hi Sir

Sounds like a driver issue or a pc conflict somewhere, please can you e-mail [email protected] he has been briefed and is waiting to help you.

All the best

[email protected]

Hey mate, I've tried two seperate PC's but what I will do is reinstall windows on my laptop so I can eliminate any driver/software issues then if all else fails I will hassle you guys, no point annoying you if the fault is on my end true [email protected]?

Post by: hyperactive on November 17, 2009, 08:40:56 PM
Just e-mail the guy.. formatting the comp is really a desperate measure.. :o

Post by: Robbo on November 17, 2009, 08:49:40 PM
Wasn't it meant to run from WinXP? Does it run ok on Vista?

Yuk, Vista.....

I reckon a netbook would be great for this :). A little 7 inch eepc you can keep in the glovebox. Access internet at maccas whilst playing with tunes,
or play tunes whilst playing with tunes ;D.

Post by: mycal666 on November 17, 2009, 09:15:43 PM
Wasnt long ago I think some guys came to the conclusion that Vista was the problem. Robbo has the right idea, thats what I did. Got me a little Eeepc linux based so it was only $350 and used a spare XP key I had laying around and swapped the OS.

And yes it lives my glovebox :thumbsup:

Post by: Dreamscience-Flash on November 17, 2009, 09:39:47 PM
Quote from: j0k0 on November 17, 2009, 08:39:14 PM
Quote from: Dreamscience-Flash on November 17, 2009, 07:08:45 PM

Hi Sir

All the best

[email protected]

Hey mate, I've tried two seperate PC's but what I will do is reinstall windows on my laptop so I can eliminate any driver/software issues then if all else fails I will hassle you guys, no point annoying you if the fault is on my end true [email protected]?

Hi Sir

Carl has told me after speaking to you the cable may have a fault, possibly done in transit. Sorry for this, I have already sent you a replacement with DHL and will be with you Friday, i'll pm you the tracking number.

All the best

[email protected]

Post by: Robbo on November 17, 2009, 10:02:11 PM
Jared, will the PC based DS be updated to run with Win7 now that it's out?

Sidestep Vista, but 7 is good :thumbsup:.

A Linux friendly one would be great too. Netbooks and older notebooks run better on it, and they're the kind of PC's you'll find in a car for this purpose, due to dollar value of expensive, nice, new laptops, and thieves about.

I was considering looking at the PC based one myself, but I want to ditch WinXP on my laptop which is a bit old now, and load up gOS Linux. That would run really sweet on it ;).

Post by: Dreamscience-Flash on November 17, 2009, 10:18:33 PM

Hi Rob

Sounds like a question for Adam, [email protected] he is our resident pc geek and has one of those tiny pc's the size of a sat nav running dsci. Windows 7 works with dsci so no worries there. :thumbsup:

All the best

[email protected]

Post by: Robbo on November 17, 2009, 10:21:55 PM
OK, thanks Jared :).

Post by: kiffsta on November 17, 2009, 10:25:05 PM
by chance are your Vista installations 64 bit ? , someone had a problem with Vista 64 and swapped to a 32bit XP machine and there were no issues ???

just a thought ?

Kiffsta

Post by: j0k0 on November 18, 2009, 07:06:06 AM
nah kiffsta, I'm running two laptops one is vista which is x86 and the other is windows xp. Even tried bringing my desktop PC downstairs which is also running Vista and had no luck, their technician worked with me over the phone and concluded it was a faulty cable. Would like to say (and make very clear) that the boys at dreamscience are in NO WAY responsible for this, seems to have been bashed around in transit. The dreamscience boys have been the most helpful and delightful group of chaps I have ever dealt with, when I get the cash saved up I will not hesitate to buy the CAI and cooler from them.

Post by: kiffsta on November 18, 2009, 08:26:20 AM
good to see awesome after sales service from the DS crew

Kiffsta

Post by: Holes In My Pocket on November 19, 2009, 06:54:18 PM
Fashionably late....

I had the issue with Vista 64bit.
Had to lug my desktop into the garage to get the cable drivers to work (cable lights stayed red=driver not working)

I feel for your troubles j0k0...I spent near 8 hours trying to get it to work!

Good luck with the new cable...hopefully you shouldn't have any issues with 32bit vista, if not XP is the way to go!

Post by: j0k0 on November 20, 2009, 11:35:45 AM
New cable solved all the problems! :thumbsup: Thanks to the blokes at DS, awesome group of lads thanks for all the help guys. Now Race+ :crazyfunny: :crazyfunny: :crazyfunny: :crazyfunny: Safe to run daily? Who cares, it's way to fun to worry about repercussions.