+
Make: Ford
Model: C-Max
Type: MPV
Year: 2008

What to look for in a used Fezz ST150

Postby DrBoB » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi All,

Havent posted here for quite a while now.

Looking at buying a Fezz ST150 as a second car for just having a bit of fun with on twisty B roads in the UK as well as a track day here and there.

As such, not looking at spending a huge amount of money, thankfully you can pick up a well maintained ST for between £2000 and £3000.

Any advice on what issues etc I should be looking out for and what mods would be advised to improve the handling and low end power?

Cheers
Mark
EX Focus ST Moondust Silver 3 door
EX Passat TDI Silver
EX Passat 2.0 Silver
EX Renault Grand Scenic - Got 3 kids who are growing up, need the space.
EX Panther Black Ford Puma 1.7i VCT - got turbo'd and blown motor
Current Black Ford C-Max

+
Make: human
Model: Feet
Type: Bare
Year: 1990

Re: What to look for in a used Fezz ST150

Postby Not_Sean » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:58 pm

I loved and miss my ST150, might buy another one for the hell of it.

Check the seat clips that fold the seat forward, these are a big weak spot. otherwise engine wise I never had a days issues with man and it was tracked ALOT!!

For mods, I did the ST190 kits

so induction, Exhaust+Branch, Cams and Software. The cams made a huge difference and after that I went to ST210+, so Cosworth intake manifold, Bigger Throttle body, and the Under pully kit and remapped.

That's about the limit without going Turbo, and I wouldn't bother for what it was the car was amazing fun and handled on the track like a champion but kept'd all its reliability.

I have heard the gearboxes can also be a weak spot but I've never experienced any issues with it myself.
Ex:
2006 Fiesta ST210
2005 KTM Duke II 640
2004 Ford Fiesta 1.6 MJR Build
1972 Alfa Romeo GTV1750 (Track Car)
2004 Subaru Outback 2.5

+
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2006

Postby Kay150 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:39 pm

There really isnt anything major to look out for on this car... mostly just cosmetic - things like the seat clips as mentioned above. The motor itself is bulletproof. I would say typical issues (although not too big of a deal): seat clips, centre caps, tow hook cover and driver window motor.
I am in the process of restoring mine since its been sitting for a year, I have ordered a few of the parts off ebay.... fairly cheap to get in great shape
I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

Site Moderator
Make: Merc
Model: C63
Type: 507Edition
Year: 2013

Postby Stu » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:09 pm

DrBoB wrote:Hi All,

Looking at buying a Fezz ST150 as a second car for just having a bit of fun with on twisty B roads in the UK as well as a track day here and there.

As such, not looking at spending a huge amount of money, thankfully you can pick up a well maintained ST for between £2000 and £3000.

Any advice on what issues etc I should be looking out for and what mods would be advised to improve the handling and low end power?

Cheers
Mark

Seeing as u in the UK - go with Jamsport Supercharger kit (stage 2.5) they map live for you that side :smt023
Polo20vBIGT
Kia Sportage
Rustler Bakkie
507 Edition C63 - The Dragon

+
Model: C-Max
Type: MPV
Year: 2008

Postby DrBoB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Stu wrote:

Cheers
Mark

Seeing as u in the UK - go with Jamsport Supercharger kit (stage 2.5) they map live for you that side :smt023

I have been speaking to Mark Broster (Ex Jamsport) as well as Jamie about that already, there is also a bloke around the corner from me who used to have one. He reckons the supercharger was a lot of fun, but too powerful to really be used to its full potential on country roads.

As I'm not looking for anything stupidly quick, I think the s/c kit is off the table, for now .... :-)
EX Focus ST Moondust Silver 3 door
EX Passat TDI Silver
EX Passat 2.0 Silver
EX Renault Grand Scenic - Got 3 kids who are growing up, need the space.
EX Panther Black Ford Puma 1.7i VCT - got turbo'd and blown motor
Current Black Ford C-Max

Site Moderator
Make: Merc
Model: C63
Type: 507Edition
Year: 2013

Postby Stu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:51 am

DrBoB wrote:
Stu wrote:

Cheers
Mark

I have been speaking to Mark Broster (Ex Jamsport) as well as Jamie about that already, there is also a bloke around the corner from me who used to have one. He reckons the supercharger was a lot of fun, but too powerful to really be used to its full potential on country roads.

As I'm not looking for anything stupidly quick, I think the s/c kit is off the table, for now .... :-)

ok then I rate the st190+ kit was the most fun
Polo20vBIGT
Kia Sportage
Rustler Bakkie
507 Edition C63 - The Dragon

Return to General Fiesta ST Discussion