-
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2014

Fiesta ST Cylinder Head

Postby fragmawp » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi all,

My car is about 4 years old and since I bought it, my car has never needed water.

Yesterday, I noticed that my engine temps were higher than usual. I popped the bonnet and checked the water level and noticed that the water tank was a bit empty. After topping up the water, i noticed a dripping sound (something dripping onto a hot surface). Checked out the bottom of the car, water leak....

So I take the car to Ford today and explain the problem. The car was still driving fine, no funny noises, no missing, nothing out of the ordinary (even engine temp was normal).

This afternoon the dealer calls me, says my cylinder head is shot, head gasket, exhaust something (i was in awe at this point) and that basically repairs to my vehicle would cost R46k. At this point I was like WTF, how is this possible?? The vehicle was serviced two months ago and was given the all clear.

The car has 66000km on the clock, never had any issues.

So at this point I have a few questions:

1. Barring a crack in the cylinder head, why can they not skim the head and replace the gasket?
2. Is there any place I can take the car to and get a second opinion in Pretoria?
3. If I do have to replace all the parts they mentioned, where would be a good place to get the parts other than a dealership?

Thanks in advance

+
Make: VW
Model: Scirocco
Type: R
Year: 2013

Re: Fiesta ST Cylinder Head

Postby convict 66 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:28 am

didnt your car go for the recall?

-
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2014

Postby fragmawp » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:28 pm

convict 66 wrote:didnt your car go for the recall?

No it didnt, was never called regarding the recall and nothing was done to the vehicle at the last service (July 2018).

Just some feedback, I went in and spoke to the mechanic that looked at the car. All he did was top up the water, turn the car on and that was the basis of his 'diagnosis'. Needless to say I went pretty **** and asked him how the hell he could determine that my cylinder head was gone just by doing that. A bit of back and forth and he finally agreed to check out my car properly.

Went back this evening, low and behold my R50k quote now turned into R1.5k, apparently now the problem is a water hose from the radiator....go figure.

Not leaving this, I'm taking this to Ford SA. This is some **** service! I actually should tell them to go fly a kite, I'm not paying a cent but at this point I just want my vehicle back before I start a ****.

Not sure if this is allowed, but this was at the Menlyn branch (BB Menlyn). Will NEVER set foot there again!

If anyone can recommend anyone who actually knows what they are doing, please advise. Would like to get my car checked out completely just to make sure there isnt anything else wrong.

+
Make: VW
Model: Scirocco
Type: R
Year: 2013

Postby convict 66 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:11 am

good on you man
name and shame the only way

Return to General Fiesta ST Discussion