New Nooby Noob

Introduce yourself here
Forum rules
Please note that all noobs are required to introduce themself in the Noobs section, failure to introduce yourself could lead to your posts being deleted without notice.

Please also make sure you familiarise yourself with the forum rules at: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=138
-
Make: Daihatsu
Model: Charade
Type: Pink
Year: 2004

New Nooby Noob

Postby poepies87 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Good afternoon all you beautiful people!!!

Ok so..............I currently don't have a Ford. Well I do, but it's complicated. I have owned 3 of them, Fiesta 1.6 S, Focus ST 225, 1.6 Kuga (The one that is flaming)

So i'm looking at buying the Fiesta 1.0 Titanium, not the brand new shape, the sexy shape, between 2013-2017 but I have concerns......

2 of them I have driven have issues with their CAT, one of the others are spluttering, believe on cyl 2 and the other are just not well looked after!!!

So my question is, how reliable are these little guys? What is the most km you have seen on one of those motors and what has been replaced to keep it alive?

Then Ford states the cambelt needs to be replaced at 240k only????? And what is that kit going to cost?????

I want to work the motor a bit also.........Tweek has one that makes 95kw and 250nm on the wheels, I think that is amazing!!!!!

What is your opinion? Should I go for the 1.0? Is reliability good on them or should I just bite the bullet and go for the Fiesta ST?

-
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: 1.4
Year: 2014

Re: New Nooby Noob

Postby luman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:43 am

Hi

I contacted Ford last week about servicing and they told me that the cambelt needs to be replaced at 100k km and that service will cost me R9500.00

-

Postby poepies87 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:34 pm

luman wrote:Hi

I contacted Ford last week about servicing and they told me that the cambelt needs to be replaced at 100k km and that service will cost me R9500.00

Hello, thank you for the response.
So after further investigation it looks like the 1.0 ecoboost does run in oil, it makes no sense but ok. The 1.6 ecoboost most definitely does not run in oil. I watched an hour and a half long video where a guy takes apart the whole car and replaces the timing belt, it's a normal timing belt, nothing special about it! In fact, it seems to have the same part number as the NA 1.6, cam covers are even the same. My Mechanic recons the belts are R300 ant the tensioner about the same. Labour is 3hours as you need to remove quite alot of things to gain access.

But hey, I don't and can't believe that a normal belt can do 240k.

What car do you drive?

-
Type: 1.4

Postby luman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Wow that is good to hear you can go so far with the cambelt.

I wouldn't take the chance just if the belt would go it is going to be a rough bill!

Bought a secondhand 1.4 Fiesta MK 7.5 2 weeks ago.

+
Type: ST3

Postby FrozenfiST » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:53 pm

Bite the bullet and get an ST instead, second hand ST180 are now dirt cheap and can be picked up for the same price as a new toyota etios. Hence me not selling mine as it has no resale value and worth more to me. Also its payed off now and I dont have Car payments for the first time in 13 Years and loving it
Current: Ford Fiesta ST180
Ex:
Hyundai Accent 1.6 SR
Opel Corsa 1.8 GSi
Opel Astra 1.6i

-

Postby poepies87 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:34 pm

FrozenfiST wrote:Bite the bullet and get an ST instead, second hand ST180 are now dirt cheap and can be picked up for the same price as a new toyota etios. Hence me not selling mine as it has no resale value and worth more to me. Also its payed off now and I don't have Car payments for the first time in 13 Years and loving it

I'm going to buy the ST for sure!
Ok so you have owned yours a while now if it is payed off already. How many km to you have on yours now? I guess you are also out of Ford's motor plans or did you take out extended warranties?

As far as I go people are telling me these cars are bulletproof, but sh*t, with my luck i'll endup with that one......so i'm just preparing myself.

Return to Noobs