+
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST 150
Year: 2007

ST150 intermittent starting issues

Postby KnightLion » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:48 am

Hi all

My fezz has been parked for about 2 months and I took out the battery for a month. So I replaced the battery cause when I had the car serviced in Oct they told me the battery is about 50%, so then the car didn't want to start, took the battery back thinking maybe its a faulty one and they then gave me another one saying I should try and get the car to them to test so new battery in no go, freed the car down the drive way and it went so got back to TWT tested everything ok low and behold car started no problem thought maybe the ECU was mixed up. Next day the SO wanted to go to the shops car was dead so I told her to take the car to Bosch.

Bosch booked the car for the next day, next morning car started no problem like WTF, anyway later the afternoon they phoned told me the alternator needs to be replaced I told them go ahead. Next day, afternoon phoned me again the shop manager had a look said alternator is fine and doesn't need to be replaced but they suspect its a wiring issue and need to take the car to a auto electrician.

Now before I do that has anyone maybe had this kind of issue and if so what is the fix so I don't get given the run around.

Thanks
07 Fiesta ST
60mm TB
Motorcad SRI
SWR Branch + Powerflow exhaust
Strutbrace
Triple R front splitter and rear diffuser
Eibach Lower Springs
Poly Mount

Site Moderator
Make: Merc
Model: C63
Type: 507Edition
Year: 2013

Re: ST150 intermittent starting issues

Postby Stu » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:39 am

usually altenator - but like you said could be wiring also.... If you got sound make sure its not draining the battery when the car is off
Polo20vBIGT
Kia Sportage
Rustler Bakkie
507 Edition C63 - The Dragon
Nissan GTR - The Ninja ( on Its way )

Return to General Fiesta ST Tech Talk