MK7 Body Kits and lights

Post your Fiesta ST Interior/Exterior and Lighting Modifications or questions here

Moderator: Fiesta ST Moderators

dxc
-
-
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2015

MK7 Body Kits and lights

Post by dxc » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm buying a 1.6 Titanium and would very much like the Focus RS look bumpers and headlights (with the black trim).

I found this -- http://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/product/f ... -look.html -- which is exactly what I want. I was hoping someone here would know if there's a local shop that do these (or something vaguely similar) too? Would be a lot easier to buy it this side than spend £500 (excl) shipping and waiting for a few weeks. I'm actually quite anxious to start working on this as soon as possible. Google hasn't proven very helpful I'm afraid. Keep getting links to Gumtree for scrapyards selling stock bumbers.

As for the headlight globes itself, I haven't driven the new one at night but our old mk6 had pretty poor visibility at night. Can I expect the same with the mk7? Also, how hard would it be to fit Xenon's? Is it just a matter of replacing the bulbs or does one need to change any additional electronics as well?

Thanks in advance.

r0ckf1re
+
Make: Audi
Model: 1.8T
Type: A4
Year: 2013

Re: MK7 Body Kits and lights

Post by r0ckf1re » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Ive driven one at night, its was bad lighting but I usually drive cars with Xenons so its unfair to compare.
fiST killer V.2

r0ckf1re
+
Make: Audi
Model: 1.8T
Type: A4
Year: 2013

Post by r0ckf1re » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Sorry, the guys here buy some RRR kit or something.

Have you tried autostyle ?
fiST killer V.2

Shaunp
+
Model: Ford
Type: Ford
Year: 1992

Post by Shaunp » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:42 pm

I like your passion.
Magic happens.

[email protected]
+
Model: Ranger
Type: 2.2 XL
Year: 2018

Post by [email protected] » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:14 pm

dxc wrote:Hi Guys,

As for the headlight globes itself, I haven't driven the new one at night but our old mk6 had pretty poor visibility at night. Can I expect the same with the mk7? Also, how hard would it be to fit Xenon's? Is it just a matter of replacing the bulbs or does one need to change any additional electronics as well?

I replaced my mk7 fiesta ambiente's lights with the Titanium lights and added the xenon's and i have to say the visibility was awesome, to add xenon's is an easy diy it does come with instructions too.
Good luck dude

But for the bodykit you can also try European-parts they in London i think but they do ship to SA, not sure about a local dealer.

dxc
-
-
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2015

Post by dxc » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Thanks r0ckf1re. Thought as much :)

I've been to Autostyle, they have some HID kits there (I've subsequently found out it's not just about replacing bulbs so I'll need to brush up on my electronics knowledge as well) but I've also seen some posts around this board that those aren't so great. There are loads of places that do HID around so I'm not too phased about it.

As for the bumpers, I'm still struggling to find someone local who makes/stocks these I'm afraid :(

Not_Sean
+
Make: human
Model: Feet
Type: Bare
Year: 1990

Post by Not_Sean » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:00 am

You won't find those locally, also why put it on a 1.6 Ti, Don't get me wrong I like the car, but instead of spending that amount on a RS look a like I'd rather say use that money for a FiST, than Body kit and do the x27 conversion and have a RS looking and Performing car.
Ex:
2006 Fiesta ST210
2005 KTM Duke II 640
2004 Ford Fiesta 1.6 MJR Build
1972 Alfa Romeo GTV1750 (Track Car)
2004 Subaru Outback 2.5

benniepotly
-
-
Make: Quadless
Model: Contemporary
Type: INTx
Year: 2017

MK7 Body Kits and lights

Post by benniepotly » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:17 am

If you mean blacklines, such as the tail lights in my signature, they wont fit 09 E90s. If you get Euro LCI tail lights, they should be plug and play but is the orange worth 300-500?

Return to “Fiesta ST Interior/Exterior and Lighting Modifications”