Fiesta ST software upgrades

Post any performance modifications or questions here

Moderator: Fiesta ST Moderators

-
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:23 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2016

Fiesta ST software upgrades

Postby blactec » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Hello Guys,

I am new here, and I also just got the ford fiesta ST 2016 model with the full leather ricaro seats (38000km on the clock).
I am so in love with it, no jokes!!!!!

Anyways, I need some help here, I took the car into ford for the ECU upgrade that they do which is supposed to decrease turbo lag and decrease fuel consumption marginally, whether it did that or not is to be studied (Should have dynoed first). The car does however want to pull off the road or pull to the side from gear 1 to gear 3 about at take off.

My question is, is the Revo stage 1 upgrade really worth it? Does it completely void warranty? I have researched the Cobb tuners but not sure if im keen on that at the moment, but you do get a chip you can control with your phone which I cannot seem to find. What are the chances of using these systems and then flashing them back to stock should need be when taking it in?

Are there any other software updates I could do to increase KW and NM and decrease turbo lag without voiding warranty, or perhaps by bypassing it :P? I dont want to go the hardware route .

Appreciate the help lads.

Another VW Driver
User avatar
Posts: 5422
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:20 am
Make: Me Some Tea
Model: Some Clay
Type: O+
Year: 2015

Re: Fiesta ST software upgrades

Postby PoopandPee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 am

blactec wrote:Hello Guys,

I am new here, and I also just got the ford fiesta ST 2016 model with the full leather ricaro seats (38000km on the clock).
I am so in love with it, no jokes!!!!!

Anyways, I need some help here, I took the car into ford for the ECU upgrade that they do which is supposed to decrease turbo lag and decrease fuel consumption marginally, whether it did that or not is to be studied (Should have dynoed first). The car does however want to pull off the road or pull to the side from gear 1 to gear 3 about at take off.

My question is, is the Revo stage 1 upgrade really worth it? Does it completely void warranty? I have researched the Cobb tuners but not sure if im keen on that at the moment, but you do get a chip you can control with your phone which I cannot seem to find. What are the chances of using these systems and then flashing them back to stock should need be when taking it in?

Are there any other software updates I could do to increase KW and NM and decrease turbo lag without voiding warranty, or perhaps by bypassing it :P? I dont want to go the hardware route .

Appreciate the help lads.


is the Revo stage 1 upgrade really worth it? Yes, yea it is!
Does it completely void warranty? Yes it does, any upgrade to your car will void warranty nowadays. So don't be a thief like most people and expect to claim under warranty if your modded car breaks
Cobb tuners but not sure if im keen on that at the moment, but you do get a chip you can control with your phone which I cannot seem to find. There is no Cobb solution locally for our the FiST, silly but true
What are the chances of using these systems and then flashing them back to stock should need be when taking it in? This is exactly what everybpody does. IF you have a REVO tune and a SPS unit you can set your car back to stock yourself when going for a service. But again, see my 2nd answer

Go with REVO, the tunes are top class and your car is very unlikely to break. Just don't drive like chillies in a petrol station
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

-
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:23 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2016

Re: Fiesta ST software upgrades

Postby blactec » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:59 am

PoopandPee wrote:
blactec wrote:Hello Guys,

I am new here, and I also just got the ford fiesta ST 2016 model with the full leather ricaro seats (38000km on the clock).
I am so in love with it, no jokes!!!!!

Anyways, I need some help here, I took the car into ford for the ECU upgrade that they do which is supposed to decrease turbo lag and decrease fuel consumption marginally, whether it did that or not is to be studied (Should have dynoed first). The car does however want to pull off the road or pull to the side from gear 1 to gear 3 about at take off.

My question is, is the Revo stage 1 upgrade really worth it? Does it completely void warranty? I have researched the Cobb tuners but not sure if im keen on that at the moment, but you do get a chip you can control with your phone which I cannot seem to find. What are the chances of using these systems and then flashing them back to stock should need be when taking it in?

Are there any other software updates I could do to increase KW and NM and decrease turbo lag without voiding warranty, or perhaps by bypassing it :P? I dont want to go the hardware route .

Appreciate the help lads.


is the Revo stage 1 upgrade really worth it? Yes, yea it is!
Does it completely void warranty? Yes it does, any upgrade to your car will void warranty nowadays. So don't be a thief like most people and expect to claim under warranty if your modded car breaks
Cobb tuners but not sure if im keen on that at the moment, but you do get a chip you can control with your phone which I cannot seem to find. There is no Cobb solution locally for our the FiST, silly but true
What are the chances of using these systems and then flashing them back to stock should need be when taking it in? This is exactly what everybpody does. IF you have a REVO tune and a SPS unit you can set your car back to stock yourself when going for a service. But again, see my 2nd answer

Go with REVO, the tunes are top class and your car is very unlikely to break. Just don't drive like chillies in a petrol station
Thanks so much bud, you are a champ will look into it further.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

-
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:23 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2016

Re: Fiesta ST software upgrades

Postby blactec » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:38 pm

dude I this .. what you think?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112528596384

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Another VW Driver
User avatar
Posts: 5422
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:20 am
Make: Me Some Tea
Model: Some Clay
Type: O+
Year: 2015

Re: Fiesta ST software upgrades

Postby PoopandPee » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:39 pm

don't waste you cash on that
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

+
User avatar
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:53 am
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2014

Re: Fiesta ST software upgrades

Postby Stormf07 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:41 pm

blactec wrote:dude I this .. what you think?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112528596384

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Please don't :?

Return to Fiesta ST Performance Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest