Model: Mk7 Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2014

Re: Fiesta St 1.6T Hybrid tubo options

Postby JDT » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:05 am

evolution wrote:
JDT wrote:
evolution wrote:Guys

Who would be interested in this, i am in talks with someone as i have a request by a customer

In a case of mapping, i have confirmed that the STO mapping engineer will come to SA to map this specific car to suit various variables.....

Would people consider this bolt on option?

I was looking at the GTX2860R bolt on. I think price wise it will be cheaper than most hybrids and it has already been used on FiST in the states along with COBB software. There are videos on Youtube of a FiST with, I am assuming with similar turbo running 12.4 QM (he has racing slicks though).

The graphs from ATP also show around 300hp, not sure if this is on the wheels or flywheel, but I think this will also be a good option to consider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejN0ZpWBWZo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxSWgxzy-EQ

I have personally fitted an ATP kit before NOT to A Fiesta but to a VAG 1.8T.... from my experience i rather look for a bolt on solution to offer 100% trouble free motoring! Hence the decision to look into a Hybrid

That turbo is a direct bolt on.

Product Highlights:
- Stock Location, Direct Bolt-on
- Internally Wastegated
- V-band flanged turbo adapter
- Stock turbo flanged downpipe compatible
- Stock placement intake pipe compatible. Adapter elbow provided.
- New steel braided oil feed and coolant lines provided
- Fits stock oil drain tube
- High flow charge air pipe (Product Code ATP-FIE-004) included

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-009&Category_Code=FIE
2014 Ford Fiesta ST180 - Frozen White - Revo 1

Stock: 116wkw and 276Nm @ FRnR
Currently: 136wkw and 335Nm @ FRnR
OB1 Dyno Day: 141wkw and 350Nm @ KAR

1/4 mile:
- 15.1 @ Tarlton
- 14.51 @ ODI

+
Make: Audi
Model: A4
Type: 2.0t Quattro
Year: 2013

Postby evolution » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:12 am

JDT wrote:
evolution wrote:
JDT wrote:

Who would be interested in this, i am in talks with someone as i have a request by a customer

In a case of mapping, i have confirmed that the STO mapping engineer will come to SA to map this specific car to suit various variables.....

I was looking at the GTX2860R bolt on. I think price wise it will be cheaper than most hybrids and it has already been used on FiST in the states along with COBB software. There are videos on Youtube of a FiST with, I am assuming with similar turbo running 12.4 QM (he has racing slicks though).

The graphs from ATP also show around 300hp, not sure if this is on the wheels or flywheel, but I think this will also be a good option to consider.

I have personally fitted an ATP kit before NOT to A Fiesta but to a VAG 1.8T.... from my experience i rather look for a bolt on solution to offer 100% trouble free motoring! Hence the decision to look into a Hybrid

That turbo is a direct bolt on.

Product Highlights:
- Stock Location, Direct Bolt-on
- Internally Wastegated
- V-band flanged turbo adapter
- Stock turbo flanged downpipe compatible
- Stock placement intake pipe compatible. Adapter elbow provided.
- New steel braided oil feed and coolant lines provided
- Fits stock oil drain tube
- High flow charge air pipe (Product Code ATP-FIE-004) included

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-009&Category_Code=FIE

Nice.... has anyone done it here in SA to give feedback?

+
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta

Postby Razortjie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:36 am

Where is PDubs? He posted photos of an ATP kit someone imported ages ago.
2014 Fiesta ST
ex: 2013 Polo GTI - Stock 14.3 @ Killarney - 139kw 259nm @ Top End
ex: 2009 Fiesta ST190+ - 142.5kw 225nm @ Dynotech

Master of Lame
Make: Fiesta
Model: MK VII ST
Type: 1.6 GTDI

Postby Drifter » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:40 am

JDT wrote:

News from the UK is that it makes for a horrible drive with the GTX2860R.
Frozen White MK7 ST
EX Tonic MK6 ST 190

FWD traction? Oh, you mean 3rd gear
Finsport CAI
KontrolFreakz [Custom 76mm full exhaust
Removed to make nano happy
Uprated rear engine mount
Finsport Stage 2

+
Make: Audi
Model: A4
Type: 2.0t Quattro

Postby evolution » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:44 am

Drifter wrote:
JDT wrote:

One of my biggest concerns

+

Postby JDT » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:46 am

Drifter wrote:
JDT wrote:

Horrible in what sense?

Could you maybe quote some posts?

1/4 mile:
- 15.1 @ Tarlton
- 14.51 @ ODI

Another VW Driver
Make: Me Some Tea
Model: Some Clay
Type: O+
Year: 2015

Postby PoopandPee » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 am

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

+

Postby JDT » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:08 pm

PoopandPee wrote:laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

Well yes but not too much according to the dyno graphs.

Comparing my stock graph and other found on the forum the power at certain rev ranges are:

Stock
2500rpm = 75hp
3000rpm = 90hp
3500rpm = 110hp

GTX2860R
2500rom = can't compare, their graph starts there.
3000rpm = 75hp
3500rpm = 125hp

From then on it is just pull all the way.

So yes it seems that the GTX2860R will probably start spooling from 3000rpm but seeing as with Revo 2 the rev limit is set to 6800rpm, and assuming the custom tune will also be around 6800rpm to 7000rpm, that is the whole top half of the rev range with a **** load more power.

Also I don't think that while racing, from redline shifting to next gear you will drop below 3000rpm, meaning you will stay in boost.

Here is the graph from ATP

1/4 mile:
- 15.1 @ Tarlton
- 14.51 @ ODI

Another VW Driver
Make: Me Some Tea
Model: Some Clay
Type: O+
Year: 2015

Postby PoopandPee » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:12 pm

JDT wrote:

Comparing my stock graph and other found on the forum the power at certain rev ranges are:

Stock
2500rpm = 75hp
3000rpm = 90hp
3500rpm = 110hp

GTX2860R
3000rpm = 75hp
3500rpm = 125hp

So yes it seems that the GTX2860R will probably start spooling from 3000rpm but seeing as with Revo 2 the rev limit is set to 6800rpm, and assuming the custom tune will also be around 6800rpm to 7000rpm, that is the whole top half of the rev range with a **** load more power.

Also I don't think that while racing, from redline shifting to next gear you will drop below 3000rpm, meaning you will stay in boost.

sounds nice if you have a weekend racing toy.

Those figures do not equate to a very nice daily drive.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

+

Postby JDT » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:23 pm

PoopandPee wrote:
JDT wrote:

Stock
2500rpm = 75hp
3000rpm = 90hp
3500rpm = 110hp

GTX2860R
3000rpm = 75hp
3500rpm = 125hp

sounds nice if you have a weekend racing toy.

Those figures do not equate to a very nice daily drive.

In traffic yes there will probably be no boost, but it will help with fuel economy staying out of boost.

But what if your daily drive is not stuck in traffic, but rather long stretches of road between robot and robot.

1/4 mile:
- 15.1 @ Tarlton
- 14.51 @ ODI

+
Model: Fiesta ST
Type: 1.6 GTDi

Postby chou56929 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Yea. Revo have sw for stg3 that is billet hybrid by peron
But not sure which one. There is 2 turbo, one is near 300hp, which is one i want
Ford Fiesta ST MkVII 1.6GTDi

-

Postby FezzST » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:21 pm

Personally, the Pumaspeed hybrid dyno graph looks really nice. Spools the same as stock turbo and holds it for longer so torque curve stays nice and flat for nice pull up to 6000 RPM. I reckon the hybrid options might be damn near as fast as the ATP GTX (which looks horrible imo) on a strip under identical conditions. For BT, considering you want a daily drive and not just a track toy, would be the Peron EFR kit (http://www.perontuned.co.uk/products/fi ... rbo-system). It is expensive yes, but you could always get a similar setup fabricated locally (just buy turbo). There have been several comparisons and while the EFR and GTX make similar power, the EFR responds much much better because the impeller and turbine are so much lighter.

If anyone does a hybrid, would love to see the pics and graphs!

+
Model: Fiesta Mk7

Postby bevSTer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:24 pm

FezzST wrote:Personally, the Pumaspeed hybrid dyno graph looks really nice. Spools the same as stock turbo and holds it for longer so torque curve stays nice and flat for nice pull up to 6000 RPM. I reckon the hybrid options might be damn near as fast as the ATP GTX (which looks horrible imo) on a strip under identical conditions. For BT, considering you want a daily drive and not just a track toy, would be the Peron EFR kit (http://www.perontuned.co.uk/products/fi ... rbo-system). It is expensive yes, but you could always get a similar setup fabricated locally (just buy turbo). There have been several comparisons and while the EFR and GTX make similar power, the EFR responds much much better because the impeller and turbine are so much lighter.

There are 2 hybrids already...one is a stealth/pumaspeed build ----dynotech figures in CPT +- 220kw and 417nm on the fly

Other is in jozi--no power figures as yet

+

Postby VeloABF16v » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:15 pm

bevSTer wrote:
FezzST wrote:Personally, the Pumaspeed hybrid dyno graph looks really nice. Spools the same as stock turbo and holds it for longer so torque curve stays nice and flat for nice pull up to 6000 RPM. I reckon the hybrid options might be damn near as fast as the ATP GTX (which looks horrible imo) on a strip under identical conditions. For BT, considering you want a daily drive and not just a track toy, would be the Peron EFR kit (http://www.perontuned.co.uk/products/fi ... rbo-system). It is expensive yes, but you could always get a similar setup fabricated locally (just buy turbo). There have been several comparisons and while the EFR and GTX make similar power, the EFR responds much much better because the impeller and turbine are so much lighter.

There are 2 hybrids already...one is a stealth/pumaspeed build ----dynotech figures in CPT +- 220kw and 417nm on the fly

Other is in jozi--no power figures as yet

Yoh some good power

Previous

Return to Fiesta ST Performance Mods