Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Post any performance modifications or questions here

Moderator: Fiesta ST Moderators

-
User avatar
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:51 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2015

Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby Matt_RSA » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:29 am

Hi Everyone,

So I recently bought a new Fiesta ST180. I live in Joburg (East rand) and I am keen to find out what performance modifications are around. I know there are tons of threads on Software etc. but I want to know what personal experiences there are with the Fiesta ST180. Many of you have had the car for years and know its strengths and known issues. If you had a blank canvas for performance modifications what would you suggest.

1. Suggested Software tuner in Gauteng (Revo, Stealth or CPI). Im sure there are plenty success stories around.
2. Does anyone in Gauteng own a RaceChip module and is it effective?
3. Are there drop in air filters available? As opposed to a full intake system.
4. Suggestions of aftermarket exhaust systems

Thanks for the advice.

Site Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 41142
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 3:50 pm
Location: Kempton Park
Make: Merc
Model: C63
Type: 507Edition
Year: 2013

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby Stu » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:56 am

where on the eastrand you from
Polo20vBIGT
Kia Sportage
Rustler Bakkie
507 Edition C63 - The Dragon
Nissan GTR - The Ninja ( on Its way )
Image

-
User avatar
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:51 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2015

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby Matt_RSA » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:12 pm

From Edenvale. Close to the Linksfield offramp. Is there a JHB WhatsApp group by any chance?

Site Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 41142
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 3:50 pm
Location: Kempton Park
Make: Merc
Model: C63
Type: 507Edition
Year: 2013

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby Stu » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:06 pm

that there is pm me your cell number and we can add you... group is very very active
Polo20vBIGT
Kia Sportage
Rustler Bakkie
507 Edition C63 - The Dragon
Nissan GTR - The Ninja ( on Its way )
Image

-
User avatar
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:30 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2014

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby DW_17 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:51 pm

I have only ever had good experiences with Stealth (the Durban branch) and would strongly suggest them.
Stealth Tuned Fiesta ST180 (Stage 1)

-
User avatar
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:51 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2015

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby Matt_RSA » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:28 pm

Stu wrote:that there is pm me your cell number and we can add you... group is very very active


Thanks. One problem though, I can't PM yet because I am new to the forum. Could you please PM me and I can respond to that with my number. Thanks bud

+
User avatar
Posts: 769
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:55 pm
Location: Witbank
Make: Audi
Model: A3 Sedan
Type: 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
Year: 2014

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby ewieST » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:44 am

Software would be Revo or Stealth

Avoid plug and play chips

Intake for the ST is ITG and klaar.
Now: 2014 Lotus Grey Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
Then: 2012 Candy White VW Scirocco 2.0 TSi DSG
2013 Fiesta ST 180 Molten Orange

-
User avatar
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:51 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2015

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby Matt_RSA » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:14 am

ewieST wrote:Software would be Revo or Stealth

Avoid plug and play chips

Intake for the ST is ITG and klaar.


Thanks for the advice :)

+
User avatar
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:44 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST250
Year: 2013

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby German » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:41 pm

There are drop in filters available. Cobb, BMC , K&N
ST!!! All the Way !!ST

Ingot Silver Focus ST250
Mods:
Wouldn't you like to know?

http://www.karter.co.za/

+
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:50 pm
Make: Volkswagen
Model: Polo
Type: GTi
Year: 2008

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby OPClite » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:28 pm

German wrote:There are drop in filters available. Cobb, BMC , K&N


That is correct, I am using the K&N
Image

15 STEALTH TUNED Fiesta ST

EX:
08 STEALTH TUNED Polo GTi
182wkw/244whp 440nm

+
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:50 pm
Make: Volkswagen
Model: Polo
Type: GTi
Year: 2008

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby OPClite » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Matt_RSA wrote:Hi Everyone,

So I recently bought a new Fiesta ST180. I live in Joburg (East rand) and I am keen to find out what performance modifications are around. I know there are tons of threads on Software etc. but I want to know what personal experiences there are with the Fiesta ST180. Many of you have had the car for years and know its strengths and known issues. If you had a blank canvas for performance modifications what would you suggest.

1. Suggested Software tuner in Gauteng (Revo, Stealth or CPI). Im sure there are plenty success stories around.
2. Does anyone in Gauteng own a RaceChip module and is it effective?
3. Are there drop in air filters available? As opposed to a full intake system.
4. Suggestions of aftermarket exhaust systems

Thanks for the advice.


Bought my ST180 in Oct , loaded Stealth and totally impressed hey! Great power delivery with awesome fuel consumption 8)
Image

15 STEALTH TUNED Fiesta ST

EX:
08 STEALTH TUNED Polo GTi
182wkw/244whp 440nm

+
User avatar
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: JHB, NorthRiding
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2013

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby ColinE » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:48 am

OPClite wrote:
German wrote:There are drop in filters available. Cobb, BMC , K&N


That is correct, I am using the K&N

+1
ex. Ford Fiesta ST180
ex. Mazda 3 MPS
ex. Ford Focus ST170

+
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:47 pm
Location: Pretoria
Make: Ford
Model: Mk7 Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2014

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby JDT » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Your ultimate mod list, if money was not an issue will be:

Software: Revo / Stealth <- not much between the two, Revo has easy map switching
Intake: ITG and klaar don't waste money on anything else, yes it is expensive but there is a reason why it is so expensive, it is THE BEST
DP/Exhaust: Milltek, [email protected] expensive though, next best thing will be a system by TMSS
Intercooler: R-Sport stage 3 (Pumaspeed) also very expensive, next best will be Airtec or R-Sport Stage 2, SAIC much much cheaper local option.

EDIT: I have created a new thread in the Fiesta ST Performance Mods section viewtopic.php?f=76&t=86519
Last edited by JDT on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Ford Fiesta ST180 - Frozen White - Revo 1

Stock: 116wkw and 276Nm @ FRnR
Currently: 136wkw and 335Nm @ FRnR
OB1 Dyno Day: 141wkw and 350Nm @ KAR

1/4 mile:
- 15.1 @ Tarlton
- 14.51 @ ODI

Site Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 41142
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 3:50 pm
Location: Kempton Park
Make: Merc
Model: C63
Type: 507Edition
Year: 2013

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby Stu » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:56 pm

JDT wrote:Your ultimate mod list, if money was not an issue will be:

Software: Revo / Stealth <- not much between the two, Revo has easy map switching
Intake: ITG and klaar don't waste money on anything else, yes it is expensive but there is a reason why it is so expensive, it is THE BEST
DP/Exhaust: Milltek, [email protected] expensive though, next best thing will be a system by TMSS
Intercooler: R-Sport stage 3 (Pumaspeed) also very expensive, next best will be Airtec or R-Sport Stage 2, SAIC much much cheaper local option.

pretty much my thinking 2 :smt023
Polo20vBIGT
Kia Sportage
Rustler Bakkie
507 Edition C63 - The Dragon
Nissan GTR - The Ninja ( on Its way )
Image

-
User avatar
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:51 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2015

Re: Newbie Advice on Fiesta ST180

Postby Matt_RSA » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:53 am

JDT wrote:Your ultimate mod list, if money was not an issue will be:

Software: Revo / Stealth <- not much between the two, Revo has easy map switching
Intake: ITG and klaar don't waste money on anything else, yes it is expensive but there is a reason why it is so expensive, it is THE BEST
DP/Exhaust: Milltek, [email protected] expensive though, next best thing will be a system by TMSS
Intercooler: R-Sport stage 3 (Pumaspeed) also very expensive, next best will be Airtec or R-Sport Stage 2, SAIC much much cheaper local option.

EDIT: I have created a new thread in the Fiesta ST Performance Mods section viewtopic.php?f=76&t=86519


Wow. Thanks for the advice. I am leaning towards Revo/Stealth as a start and work my way from there. Then intake and exhaust system. :)

Next

Return to Fiesta ST Performance Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests