Moderator: Fiesta ST Moderators

+
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2005

Re: Ozzie st150 exhaust

Postby mohamedeb » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:41 pm

My dad removed my cams now due to it annoying him when he drove the car. I can assure you this on 3rd and 4th gear your car with cams will farking pull to redline like a mofo. You will love it!

Site Moderator
Make: Merc
Model: C63
Type: 507Edition
Year: 2013

Postby Stu » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:30 am

rositano wrote:Just got back from the garage, I installed the 60mm throttle. Went for a drive.....no issues. No obvious difference...yet, I hope.

Cams you say!! I've been chatting to Steve from swr. He's a busy man! He's waiting on some stock to arrive. Was chatting to him about mapping, and he recommends the unichip, considering I have his 4-2-1 branch already. He can also program it to suit the larger throttle as well.

don't waste your time with uniQ get Jamsport or pumaspeed map for your mods and you will love it
Polo20vBIGT
Kia Sportage
Rustler Bakkie
507 Edition C63 - The Dragon
Nissan GTR - The Ninja ( on Its way )

+
Make: ford
Model: fiesta
Type: st 150
Year: 2007

Postby rositano » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:50 am

mohamedeb wrote:My dad removed my cams now due to it annoying him when he drove the car. I can assure you this on 3rd and 4th gear your car with cams will farking pull to redline like a mofo. You will love it!

Mohamed, why did your dad find the cams annoying?

+

Postby rositano » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:53 am

Stu wrote:
rositano wrote:Just got back from the garage, I installed the 60mm throttle. Went for a drive.....no issues. No obvious difference...yet, I hope.

Cams you say!! I've been chatting to Steve from swr. He's a busy man! He's waiting on some stock to arrive. Was chatting to him about mapping, and he recommends the unichip, considering I have his 4-2-1 branch already. He can also program it to suit the larger throttle as well.

don't waste your time with uniQ get Jamsport or pumaspeed map for your mods and you will love it

Stu, I recall you saying this before. What's the reason you don't recommend unichip? Bugs..... temperamental??

Site Moderator
Make: Merc
Model: C63
Type: 507Edition
Year: 2013

Postby Stu » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:38 am

rositano wrote:
Stu wrote:

Stu, I recall you saying this before. What's the reason you don't recommend unichip? Bugs..... temperamental??

Im not a huge fan of piggy back chips it confuses the ecu and on mine it would sometimes just shut off the motor randomly pretty annoying when trying to cross an intersection.... also the gains from OBD mapping just seems better/smoother - Jamsport really do have fantastic maps and so do pumaspeed
Polo20vBIGT
Kia Sportage
Rustler Bakkie
507 Edition C63 - The Dragon
Nissan GTR - The Ninja ( on Its way )

+
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Sonic RS
Type: 1.4 Turbo Beasty
Year: 2015

Postby Skywalker » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:46 am

Rositano, you are in AUS, go to Haltech and fit a Haltech Interceptor, and let them tune it. You will have hardware and tuning support there locally, it is a better option that unichip imho. I personally have deep respect for haltech and the work that they do plus you can look into a flex fuel system in the future should you wish to boost.

You have many options right at your door step, unlike us.

+

Postby rositano » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Fair call boys, fair call!

Stu, engine cutting out at an intersection!! Damn, I couldn't imagine anything worse here in Sydney traffic. I see what you mean about the reliability issues.

Skywalker, that's some good advice. The issue of local support was always at the back of my mind if I chose to go unichip. I know that there are some experienced guys in SA with the st150 in particular, but here in OZ, not too sure. Will have to look into haltech as well, that's for sure.

+
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2005

Postby mohamedeb » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:17 pm

@rositano well i have more slightly more aggressive cams then the usual 280 degree i think, my cams sound awfully loud, louder then swr gen 2 cams and i have compared my car, aside from that i couldn't get mapping right and my car would run lean on the higher revs because my cams seemed to want to pull even past what the stock springs handle. According to what STU said i agree, best thing for you to do would be to get a locally sourced and custom tuned piggy back system. Tune your car live(whilst on dyno to calibrate fuel and ignition settings, etc...) . This would assure that you have utilised each and every mod you have done to its full capacity.

Previous

Return to Fiesta ST Performance Mods