Adding a Aux to a Ford 4500 RDS E.O.N standard Radio...

Post your ICE modifications or questions here

Moderator: Fiesta ST Moderators

-
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: MK6
Year: 2002

Re: Adding a Aux to a Ford 4500 RDS E.O.N std Radio. [Solved

Postby simmondp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:13 am

So tried to mod a UK visteon radio and had the same issue, the board is not the same.

The Pin-out between CD and motherboard is different.

Here is how to mod it.

Also had to create an 80 minute "blank" CD (Goldwave to create the file and Nero to burn it)

Works fine and one happy daughter with her iPhone now working in her Fiesta.

Unable to upload an Image (Board Quota Reached) however using jezseaton (Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:53 pm) 2nd image.

(Green Capacitor is near Top right on Connector)

Top Left = Gnd
Top Right = Right
Top Right - 1 = Left

Paul

-
Make: ford
Model: fiesta
Type: lx
Year: 2003

Re: Adding a Aux to a Ford 4500 RDS E.O.N standard Radio...

Postby mfizz » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:34 pm

I am going to try this mod on a UK version. 2 questions I'm going to use an ordinary headphone cable and strip the end. if the wire has 2 grounds where can I ground the other end. is the quality of the sound good?. secondly I want to hook a Bluetooth receiver into the aux. can anyone recommend anything. for music and phone

-
Type: Zetec

Postby DavidLittle » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi, Thanks for all the help with this, I'm from the UK and got it working, however I used the diagram given first, which is from the US, and my sound comes out, but I only get the backing track out of the left hand speakers, unless I set my iPhone to either output from the right or the left channel fully, which gives me sound out of both the way it should be. Would this happen if I had the ground wire going to the r+ terminal and the R wire going to the L+? I'm a complete n00b to this so be gentle!

-
Type: Zetec

Postby DavidLittle » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:54 am

To add further, for anyone reading this thread still, I went ahead and tried simmondp's method (for UK), It works like a charm, I must point out that it is very easy to short from one side of the connector to the other, as an example, I accidentally shorted the gnd to the right channel when soldering, this is because the contact for the ground sits next to a pin which goes through the connector and out to the right channel contact (you'd know what I mean if I could get a picture! As a further note,

Top Left = Gnd
Top Right = Right
Top Right - 1 = Left
Top right -2 = gnd

The 2 ground pins are in connected as I did some tests with a multimeter, I only soldered to the top left Gnd, and it works fine, so it makes no difference, it is easier to keep all the wires on one side as the way I did it was a little difficult. Thanks for this post and I now have a 12 year old fiesta with a working aux in! :)

-
Type: MK6

Postby OoZz83 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi DavidLittle,

Is there any chance you could upload a diagram for the UK version? I do not have any green capacitor near the connector.
I have tried the first method but I get the same result as you did, only the background noise on the left speakers.
I am having a difficult time identifying the top right without the green capacitor as a guideline.

Thanks in advance!

-
Type: ?
Year: 2005

Postby oldfaithful » Tue May 06, 2014 10:57 pm

DaviCrockett wrote:Hi all,

I was wondering if ANYONE could help me.
I have followed the steps that made me a proud new owner of an AUX cable in my 2005 ford fiesta 1.6. (Brilliant that one has to bypass the radio btw!!)

I am having a problem now with my radio that NONE of the buttons are working. I have followed the instructions accordingly and the radio turns on automatically when I start my car and I can manually turn it off with the volume button by pressing it down. But I CANNOT get to the Actual Radio because the buttons are not working. I soldered everything accordingly, followed the required steps and it does work, just not the buttons!
I can only assume the somewhere, something is grounding???

Please could someone help me with this.

This is due to a poor soldered joint. It took me 4 goes before I got it working. I had the same problem, right speaker sounded poor. Just try again, you will get there eventually.

Thanks to OP for this guide... working great! I always find phone works best on 100%. And I get a quite hissing sound if I'm charging phone at the same time. Maybe just a cheep charger. My plan is to add Kinivo-BTC450 to it. So I can bluetooth my music to the stereo :D

-
Type: vp

Postby william_78 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:04 pm

hello

I'm from France and I would like to know if any of you know or what is the mut connector and entered its mono téléhpne on the quick connector 4500 rds eon

thank you for the help

-
Model: Fusion
Type: 1.4
Year: 2003

Postby artimanhas » Wed May 27, 2015 2:25 am

Greetings from Portugal,

I'm a proud owner of a 03' Fusion with an AUX lead!

THANK YOU Jrc FOR THE MOD. Thank you evan123 for the silent CD. Thank you jezseaton for the new board. Thank you simmondp for the new pins. Thank you DavidLittle for the Gnd tip.

It works perfectly.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

-
Type: lx
Year: 2004

Postby freddy871 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi all rally sorry to re raise this old post but seems i am unable to see most of the images for some reason.. I have just bought my daughter her first car 2004 fiesta LX and would like to be able to hard wire the aux led.. have previously done this for sons corsa and works a treat , however need instruction as not into electronics.
Any help for RDS 4500 AUX IN would be greatly received.

Thx F

Previous

Return to Fiesta ST Audio