Adding a Aux to a Ford 4500 RDS E.O.N standard Radio...

Post your ICE modifications or questions here

Moderator: Fiesta ST Moderators

+
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: Mk6.5
Year: 2007

Re: Adding a Aux to a Ford 4500 RDS E.O.N standard Radio...

Postby Jrc » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Send a pic of the circuit board and ill do my best to help you out :D

http://hothatchez.com/
mobi.hothatchez.com/
forum.hothatchez.com/

RE-Design IT
Web Design
IT Support
Programing
http://www.re-designit.co.za

+
Model: Focus
Type: focus
Year: 2008

Postby Buggyroo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:06 am

Hey there, I dont mean to hi-jack your thread, but u seem VERY jacked up! Is it possible to add an iPod connector to the ford focus 6500 radio (the one in the pre F/L Si models?) so that the iPOD plays and charges, because i can plug the ipod into the aux input, but it doesnt charge and is a hassle? thanks in advance, feel free to reply in PM, thank u!
Guide to being a genuine OFC - Hurban Dictionary wrote: Lam : (hadjective/hadverb) 1; To be bored and tired , 2; To be relaxing, 2; Nothing better to do. Synonyms; "Parking off", Dom , Chilling
[/quote]

+
Type: Mk6.5
Year: 2007

Postby Jrc » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:42 am

Buggyroo wrote:Hey there, I dont mean to hi-jack your thread, but u seem VERY jacked up! Is it possible to add an iPod connector to the ford focus 6500 radio (the one in the pre F/L Si models?) so that the iPOD plays and charges, because i can plug the ipod into the aux input, but it doesnt charge and is a hassle? thanks in advance, feel free to reply in PM, thank u!

Hi man the easiest way to get it to charge with very little effort would be buying a cigarette lighter usb adapter and just plugging your regular iPod charger into that and your aux into the jack output. Something like this:

and this small one will look neater

http://hothatchez.com/
mobi.hothatchez.com/
forum.hothatchez.com/

RE-Design IT
Web Design
IT Support
Programing
http://www.re-designit.co.za

-
Type: 1.4 diesel
Year: 2010

Postby furnivalb » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:44 pm

It's like the one posted by jezseaton in this thread on 6th July. I have now managed to create a silent CD and so can use my iPod without the CD music coming through. Thanks for the original help in showing how to connect into the PCB.

Brian

-
Type: Finesse
Year: 2003

Postby pLUSpISTOL » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Attempting this mod but I am useless at soldering if I'm honest :?
Time will tell, plugging it back into the car in a few hours, I bet it doesn't work!

-
Type: Ghia
Year: 2005

Postby gedoo1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi,
can anyone give me a list of equipment and hardware needed to carry this procedure out?

Thanks

-

Postby pLUSpISTOL » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Torx screwdrivers, sizes T8 and T10.
Phillips screwdriver (crosshead), normal/large kinda size.
Soldering iron with stand (I used an Antex 230V HP30 cheap one off eBay),
solder,
an AUX cable (I got the genuine Ford one which comes with a port which, like on the mk6.5 facelift Fiestas, you can make a hole beside the gearstick and power socket to plug your 3.5mm cable into. Here is a link: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6__audio_adaptor_kit_f_1426121_c_325.htm Otherwise just get a normal aux cable. Either way you need to cut the end off and expose the wires then strip them.

-
Type: Flame
Year: 2004

Postby racheter81 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:48 pm

Reply from the UK...

Tested the pins and am not convinced they are as described for the SA unit anyway. For example, Pin 1 is certainly not testing as a GRD.

UK modders please bear this in mind. I have contacted Visteon for a full wiring diagram so if I get it I will post it. In the event this does'nt come through does anyone have a wiring diagram they can e-mail me?

Thanks

-

Postby pLUSpISTOL » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:46 am

Hi Racheter81,

I did this mod on a UK board and the channels came through fine on the same pins as the SA board, although I needed to go back and resolder one of them as it was too quiet which obviously meant a bad contact. You could be correct about the ground being different as I remember quite a bit of feedback when connecting and disconnecting the iPod. It was someone else's car so that's why I'm unsure. If you hear back from Visteon that would be great but please let us know how you get on anyway. :)

+
Type: Ghia
Year: 2006

Postby Fearl3SS » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:31 pm

there is a specific 5400 radio unit that was fitted in the 1.6 trend 5 door 2004 model that had aux for amp or a cd shuttle...

i have been searching for a few months now on how to add aux for amp and aux input on my 6006 unit(6 disk front loader unit).
there is an additional plug at the back (nothing fitted there) that the 4500 does not have... if only i could get a wiring or circuit diagram then the mod should be possible...
I purchased some good quality high low converters for the job for just in case.

for now i am using a FM transmitter that has Bluetooth, aux in,4gb internal memory, sd card reader, 4" LCD screen(to small to bother with it) + steering controls and remote. that works sorta quite good for input.. but want to add my amp and sub from old car..
If you are 21 buy the FiST...me on the other hand have grown up some and need a real car...

-
Type: TDCi

Postby Siriusmac » Wed May 29, 2013 7:26 pm

-
Make: fiesta
Model: 5
Type: 5

Postby ozzydaws » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:08 pm

I am now the proud owner of an '05 fiesta with an AUX lead! Thank you for the instructions!! :D

-
Type: MkV
Year: 2002

Postby gXlor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:50 am

Hi,

I also have a Fiesta with a 4500 rds. First, thanks for positing this manipulation, you're the only person to have found a solution for adding an aux to this system :D !

I did the full manipulation, but I also have an other issue : my sister previously used my car, and I don't know how, managed to put 2 cds (!!) in the cd player. So I had to open the cd player to extract the two cds. But it was not made to be opened, and I have issues putting it back together. As I don't use cds, I don't need it, and could throw it away, that's what I'd like to do. Is there a way, assuming you lose the cd player, to make so that your modification works without the cd player plugged on the system motherboard ? Or, other way to see it, modify the cd player motherboard (I can put this one back), to make it think there's a cd inside and allow the modification to work ?

Thanks for your help !

-
Type: MkV
Year: 2002

Postby gXlor » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:10 am

Hi again,

I managed to put the cd player together (a few screws missing, who cares :) ?), and it's working great ! Thank you very much for posting this mod ! I would be still interested in knowing how to fully bypass the cd player, giving I don't know how much time it will last...

Thanks !

-
Type: Trendline

Postby DaviCrockett » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if ANYONE could help me.
I have followed the steps that made me a proud new owner of an AUX cable in my 2005 ford fiesta 1.6. (Brilliant that one has to bypass the radio btw!!)

I am having a problem now with my radio that NONE of the buttons are working. I have followed the instructions accordingly and the radio turns on automatically when I start my car and I can manually turn it off with the volume button by pressing it down. But I CANNOT get to the Actual Radio because the buttons are not working. I soldered everything accordingly, followed the required steps and it does work, just not the buttons!
I can only assume the somewhere, something is grounding???

Please could someone help me with this.

PreviousNext

Return to Fiesta ST Audio