Brake pads/discs - Cape Town area

Post your Suspension/Mags/Tyres & Brakes modifications or questions here

Moderator: Fiesta ST Moderators

-
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:25 am
Location: Velddrif/Cape Town
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST 1.6 Ecoboost
Year: 2013

Brake pads/discs - Cape Town area

Postby gavinv001 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi everyone,

This is an old topic now but I've been through other posts in the forum and haven't found the info I am looking for.
I'm in the Cape Town area and my Fiesta ST requires new front pads and discs. Does anyone know where to get some? They will just be used for every day driving. I don't drive my car that hard.
I would like some recommendations as far as parts go, and where to purchase. Nothing too dear. I am able to do the work myself.
Thanks in advance.

Gavin

+
User avatar
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:57 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST3
Year: 2014

Re: Brake pads/discs - Cape Town area

Postby FrozenfiST » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi Gavin

I fitted these myself, not going to rate the mintex pads highly but they get the job done for a much lower price than OEM.

http://www.powerbrake.co.za/category_s/3713.htm
Current: Ford Fiesta ST180
Ex:
Hyundai Accent 1.6 SR
Opel Corsa 1.8 GSi
Opel Astra 1.6i

-
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:25 am
Location: Velddrif/Cape Town
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST 1.6 Ecoboost
Year: 2013

Re: Brake pads/discs - Cape Town area

Postby gavinv001 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Great stuff, I've put in a request. Thank you very much.

-
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:57 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST
Year: 2010

Re: Brake pads/discs - Cape Town area

Postby ryan300 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Dude if you don't race and not hard on brakes why not just go to Midas and get what they have instead of paying thousands for something you don't really need?
Just my opinion.....

+
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:44 pm
Location: Cape Town
Make: Ford
Model: Fusion
Type: 2.0 TDCI
Year: 2015

Re: Brake pads/discs - Cape Town area

Postby piranha786 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:15 am

gavinv001 wrote:Hi everyone,

This is an old topic now but I've been through other posts in the forum and haven't found the info I am looking for.
I'm in the Cape Town area and my Fiesta ST requires new front pads and discs. Does anyone know where to get some? They will just be used for every day driving. I don't drive my car that hard.
I would like some recommendations as far as parts go, and where to purchase. Nothing too dear. I am able to do the work myself.
Thanks in advance.

Gavin



I ordered fron sinister, ebc pads.
By using midas, you will probably get the wrong pads.

+
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:31 am
Make: Volvo
Model: V70
Type: T5R
Year: 1998

Re: Brake pads/discs - Cape Town area

Postby Volvo T5R » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi. I can get decent brakes for your Fiesta ST. Send me a pm
Bunch of Volvo's in the stable....

+
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:44 pm
Location: Cape Town
Make: Ford
Model: Fusion
Type: 2.0 TDCI
Year: 2015

Re: Brake pads/discs - Cape Town area

Postby piranha786 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:16 am

Volvo T5R wrote:Hi. I can get decent brakes for your Fiesta ST. Send me a pm



Any for focus st250? Discs and pads pls

-
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:25 am
Location: Velddrif/Cape Town
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST 1.6 Ecoboost
Year: 2013

Re: Brake pads/discs - Cape Town area

Postby gavinv001 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:06 pm

ryan300 wrote:Dude if you don't race and not hard on brakes why not just go to Midas and get what they have instead of paying thousands for something you don't really need?
Just my opinion.....


You're right.

Thanks for the response guys, got it sorted.

+
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:31 am
Make: Volvo
Model: V70
Type: T5R
Year: 1998

Re: Brake pads/discs - Cape Town area

Postby Volvo T5R » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:25 am

piranha786 wrote:
Volvo T5R wrote:Hi. I can get decent brakes for your Fiesta ST. Send me a pm



Any for focus st250? Discs and pads pls


Send me a pm
Bunch of Volvo's in the stable....

Return to Fiesta ST Suspension/Mags/Tyres & Brakes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest