Moderator: Focus ST Moderators

+
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST
Year: 2006

Re: updated dyno figures after head porting 235KW

Postby Scorpion King » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:57 am

SerialThrilla wrote:Where in Cape Town can we have this done, is this a safe mod?

Speak to Amien. you're going there anyways.

+
Model: Focus
Type: ST 225
Year: 2007

Postby SerialThrilla » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 am

Cool :)
cooled | mapped | inducted
LIFE BEGINS AT 250KPH

+
Model: Focus ST
Type: Focus ST
Year: 2008

Postby ash » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:10 am

Deef_ST wrote:stock turbo?

Hi Dewald, yes- stock turbo @ 1.4 bar. Revo 999 and NF Ultra to 20L fuel
Current: 06 Red Fo ST- GTX3076R
Current: 08 EO Fo ST - Build in Progress
Current: 10 White BMW 330D LCI M-sport

+
Model: Fiesta
Year: 2009

Postby HachiRoku_Deef » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:19 am

Look great figures. But a lot of things to consider when you wind up a stock turbo like that. I'm not a devils advocate, and yes I have read the misfortune you had, but be warned.
A small turbo like that needs to spin at the speed of black light to make that boost. We all know a performance filter compromises air speed for filtration. One tiny sand particle hits the edge of the compressor blade at that speed and causes it to go unbalanced at say 200 000 rpm. That will send the shaft wobbling and it can snap. At that compressor rpm you going to pick fragments out of the intake/hot boost side for a long time. If you lucky, the intercooler will catch it all. If a small piece find its way past the intercooler, a crack sleeve is going to be the least of your problems.

But none the less, awesome power for the stock blower.
2009 'ST' 150

+
Model: Focus ST
Type: Focus ST
Year: 2008

Postby ash » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:52 am

Deef_ST wrote:Look great figures. But a lot of things to consider when you wind up a stock turbo like that. I'm not a devils advocate, and yes I have read the misfortune you had, but be warned.
A small turbo like that needs to spin at the speed of black light to make that boost. We all know a performance filter compromises air speed for filtration. One tiny sand particle hits the edge of the compressor blade at that speed and causes it to go unbalanced at say 200 000 rpm. That will send the shaft wobbling and it can snap. At that compressor rpm you going to pick fragments out of the intake/hot boost side for a long time. If you lucky, the intercooler will catch it all. If a small piece find its way past the intercooler, a crack sleeve is going to be the least of your problems.

100% Agreed and thanks for your acknowledgement D, I take this risk knowing I am the only person besides my dad, brother and Jonathan from SRD to be working on this car in future. Gen L has seen me around at the place where I do the work and has given a fair share of great contribution with his knowledge. I have a new plenum which is in development to move the TB over to the battery side, this plenum will consist of ram tubes to increase airflow. 250 KW at 1.4 is my goal, should the engine explode, so be it... once this is done it will either be a time for me to sell and move on or a sleeved block to go in. At present I have a Block at engineering which is being sleeved to run at least 1.8 bar. I have 2 turbo's available from which one of them will be installed in the near future. either a GT35 or Holset HX35.
Current: 06 Red Fo ST- GTX3076R
Current: 08 EO Fo ST - Build in Progress
Current: 10 White BMW 330D LCI M-sport

+
Model: Fiesta

Postby HachiRoku_Deef » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:09 am

Good man, all the best with the build. Im so glad you take advice from the general, as he will tell you straight
2009 'ST' 150

+
Make: VW
Model: Golf
Type: 1.8T 20V - 296wkw

Postby Valince » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:17 am

ash wrote:
Deef_ST wrote:Look great figures. But a lot of things to consider when you wind up a stock turbo like that. I'm not a devils advocate, and yes I have read the misfortune you had, but be warned.

100% Agreed and thanks for your acknowledgement D, I take this risk knowing I am the only person besides my dad, brother and Jonathan from SRD to be working on this car in future. Gen L has seen me around at the place where I do the work and has given a fair share of great contribution with his knowledge. I have a new plenum which is in development to move the TB over to the battery side, this plenum will consist of ram tubes to increase airflow. 250 KW at 1.4 is my goal, should the engine explode, so be it... once this is done it will either be a time for me to sell and move on or a sleeved block to go in. At present I have a Block at engineering which is being sleeved to run at least 1.8 bar. I have 2 turbo's available from which one of them will be installed in the near future. either a GT35 or Holset HX35.

Looks like you have spares for all the parts that can fail. =P

Will like to see the TB once its done.

*Subscribed*

+
Make: BMW
Model: ///M
Type: Power
Year: 2007

Re: Malezyjskiej lewicujacakuluaryprzydzielonych

Postby Rascal69 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:22 am

[quote="undummate"][/quote]
BAN THIS MOTHER TRUCKER!!!

+
Make: ford
Model: focus
Year: 2006

Postby BLESSED-ZN » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:06 pm

ash wrote:Hi Guys,

so this morning I took a drive to Kempton Park to do a dyno for my comparison as before and after

Revo 999 setting
20l fuel to 1 tin NF ultra

figures- 235KW at 6500 - 470nm

power only dipped off at 6500RPM

Small flatspot under full load at 2100RPM but this will be because of the 0.8mm spark plug gap. will change to 0.55 or 0.6 when i get the new irridium plugs which are also a colder rating

ported and flowed head FTW. :lol:

awesome results bro. congrats.
Current:2007 FIESTA ST150 silver
ex: 2009 Focus ST performance blue
ex: 2007 FOCUS ST electric orange
ex: 2007 FOCUS ST frozen white
ex: 2008 FIESTA ST frozen white

214WKW & 497NM