GoPro Footage to follow.

+
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST3
Year: 2015

Re: 2013 Focus ST BT

Postby Shay_ST3 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:36 pm

You're making some good power there Jono! Can't wait for the GoPro footage. Cab is coming along really well.
2015 Focus ST3
2014 Ranger 3.2 XLT D/C
2005 Isuzu KB350 LX D/C (ex)
2003 Jetta 4 1.8T (ex)
1992 Corolla Twincam (ex)

+
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST3
Year: 2014

Postby FrozenfiST » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:44 pm

subscribed! 8)
Current: Ford Fiesta ST180
Ex:
Hyundai Accent 1.6 SR
Opel Corsa 1.8 GSi
Opel Astra 1.6i

Ek Mod Alles!
Make: Range Rover
Model: Evoque
Type: Dynamic
Year: 2013

Postby Bloubul7 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:30 pm

Congrats.
Who is tuning the car?

TBH the curve is doesnt look too great, rather let the tuner first completely sort out the pump fuel curve before moving onto ethanol. The peak numbers look great, but remember that average curves count on the road. 500nm over 3000rpm is much beter than 540nm over 500rpm
Playa25 wrote:he did nothing at first but when he side kicks started throwing punches from the side

Current - RR Evoque
2011 Bantam 1.6i
ex - Focus ST
Ford Fiesta
Mazda RX 8
Ford Fiesta ST

+
Make: BMW_Opel
Model: 1er_Corsa
Type: Hatch_Ute
Year: 2007

Postby gavsadler » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Good numbers, also looks like a bit of a boost spike and then the waste gate opening too much to compensate, but nevertheless I am impressed.

+
Type: ST250

Postby Jono52 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:32 pm

No doubt there is some fine tuning, datalogs on the road still need to be sent, and we are aiming to bring the torque down as we go. But I do believe we can hold it there.

I am however very happy with how the car handles on the road.

I think Karter can comment and probably explain more on whats happening.

+

Postby Jono52 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:40 am

3rd and 4th Gear runs:

https://youtu.be/snDIS6lyYoA

+
Model: Focus,Fiesta
Type: ST

Postby Karter Performance » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:34 pm

Bloubul7 wrote:Congrats.
Who is tuning the car?

TBH the curve is doesnt look too great, rather let the tuner first completely sort out the pump fuel curve before moving onto ethanol. The peak numbers look great, but remember that average curves count on the road. 500nm over 3000rpm is much beter than 540nm over 500rpm

Evening BB7

We agree with you completely there. I think Jono is just super happy with the extra power we gained on the day hence the post. The lower power figure is what we started with in the morning just as the base run before we go into adding and removing timing to get to where we ended by the end of the day.

What hasn't been mentioned in this thread is that we are only on the 4th revision on this car and spent the first 3 revisions just dialling in the fuel before we tackled anything else. We are no where near complete with the 95Ron map as we will be increasing the boost slightly in the later RPM as the car is very happy there. The sudden drop in power just after the peak is because of the boost request- we have requested the turbo to spool as early as possible but then tapered off hence that drop. We go from 22psi at 4100-4300 right down to 19.5psi by 4800Rpm.

Once we have a nice round graph which will relate to a fast road car we will move onto the Eth map. For now we will tackle the 95Ron map and let Jono post the final graph once we are done with all the fine tuning which is still to come.

Kind regards
Karl

http://www.karter.co.za/

+
Model: Focus,Fiesta

Postby Karter Performance » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:39 pm

gavsadler wrote:Good numbers, also looks like a bit of a boost spike and then the waste gate opening too much to compensate, but nevertheless I am impressed.

Almost spot on Gav. We dropped the WGDC by 10% at 4300rpm hence the drop in power. Very well spotted spotted though. This will all be sorted in the next few revisions.

http://www.karter.co.za/

Ek Mod Alles!
Make: Range Rover
Model: Evoque
Type: Dynamic

Postby Bloubul7 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Karter Performance wrote:
Who is tuning the car?

Evening BB7

We agree with you completely there. I think Jono is just super happy with the extra power we gained on the day hence the post. The lower power figure is what we started with in the morning just as the base run before we go into adding and removing timing to get to where we ended by the end of the day.

What hasn't been mentioned in this thread is that we are only on the 4th revision on this car and spent the first 3 revisions just dialling in the fuel before we tackled anything else. We are no where near complete with the 95Ron map as we will be increasing the boost slightly in the later RPM as the car is very happy there. The sudden drop in power just after the peak is because of the boost request- we have requested the turbo to spool as early as possible but then tapered off hence that drop. We go from 22psi at 4100-4300 right down to 19.5psi by 4800Rpm.

Once we have a nice round graph which will relate to a fast road car we will move onto the Eth map. For now we will tackle the 95Ron map and let Jono post the final graph once we are done with all the fine tuning which is still to come.

Kind regards
Karl

Makes sense, considering the turbo size with fine tuning and fuelling it should be able to keep 420-440nm up to the redline. But im not too clued up with the injection capacity on the Ecoboost motors. Good luck and keep us posted as this could be a very good alternative to the GTX turbos currently available.
Playa25 wrote:he did nothing at first but when he side kicks started throwing punches from the side

Current - RR Evoque
2011 Bantam 1.6i
ex - Focus ST
Ford Fiesta
Mazda RX 8
Ford Fiesta ST

+

Postby Jono52 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:42 pm

Karter Performance wrote:
Who is tuning the car?

Evening BB7

Kind regards
Karl

As Karl says, yes, just very excited to see the results thus far.

Truth is I had a pre f/l st (2006 I think).... spent in excess of R60k on mods and never saw more than 190wkw. I've been rather nervous about all of the work done, but Karl has been on the ball from the start...and patient I might add!.

More logs need to be done, and we'll have a final 95 Map.

I had the opportunity to drive Karl's car for an afternoon, and his setup is incredibly smooth, I can see how that type of tuning is reflected in my car's mapping, seeing that its still a daily driver, its exactly what I've been looking for.

Eco map still gives me around 7.8l/100km on the highway and 9.5-10/100km and just above in town driving. This excludes having fun obviously :)

I'll do some footage of the cluster to show how well the car runs.

+
Type: ST 250

Postby [email protected] » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:29 am

great work!!
fine tune that map a bit and have fun!!

are you joining this event? would like to see that beast in action!
1996 Toyota Supra 2JZ-GTE

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride. -Amen

+
Make: FORD
Model: FOCUS
Year: 2007

Postby Tren » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Jono52 wrote:As Karl says, yes, just very excited to see the results thus far.

Truth is I had a pre f/l st (2006 I think).... spent in excess of R60k on mods and never saw more than 190wkw. I've been rather nervous about all of the work done, but Karl has been on the ball from the start...and patient I might add!.

good power there...but i agree with what BB7 said...

a car make 245wkw and 500nm with a flatter curve will be a quicker road car...i think lowering the power output..but getting that curve clean and holding power and torque without dips, should be the goal...you will have a quicker road car then...

i raced a gt28 cobb tuned st250 last night and at 240 i was a lil over a car ahead...and i make a lot less power...

it might feel significantly faster, but next to another car with a smoother map that holds power...you will see the difference on the road...

but this is still development...so im sure you guys will get it right moving forward..and have it locked down in no time...

all the best :smt023
Current : DSCi 2007 PB FOCUS ST MOD X-RS

+
Model: Figo
Type: 1.4
Year: 2012

Postby FEENIKS » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:20 pm

Tren wrote:
Jono52 wrote:As Karl says, yes, just very excited to see the results thus far.

good power there...but i agree with what BB7 said...

a car make 245wkw and 500nm with a flatter curve will be a quicker road car...i think lowering the power output..but getting that curve clean and holding power and torque without dips, should be the goal...you will have a quicker road car then...

i raced a gt28 cobb tuned st250 last night and at 240 i was a lil over a car ahead...and i make a lot less power...

it might feel significantly faster, but next to another car with a smoother map that holds power...you will see the difference on the road...

but this is still development...so im sure you guys will get it right moving forward..and have it locked down in no time...

all the best :smt023

You like to make everything about yourself

#attentionseeker

+
Make: Audi
Model: 1.8T
Type: A4

Postby r0ckf1re » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Start you own thread Otter.
fiST killer V.2