Make: Ford
Model: Edge
Type: Sport
Year: 2018

Arbee's 2018 Ford Edge Sport

Postby Arbee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:07 am

Hi Guys,

Warm greetings from the UAE...

When we moved to the UAE, we purchased a 2011 BMW x3, 35i xdrive. Looked for an X5 but found the general condition for a used one within our budget was not in condition acceptable to me. We drove the X3 for almost 2 years and since the X3's motor plan was soon to be done and being in the UAE, where the language barrier is pretty large, finding a suitable non-dealer maintenance shop proved to be a huge nightmare so we decided to rather sell it and get something newer with warranty/service plan for at least 2-3 years.

Long story short, we ended with a massive discount and list of extras on the 2018 Ford Edge sport after 2 weeks of showroom hopping and many discussions and options we settled and purchased the Edge.

Engine: 2.7L/315-hp/350-lb-ft twin-turbo DOHC 24-valve V-6
Color: Ruby Red with Black leather/alcantara
Trim: Full Option
Option - Im going to forget some:
- Adaptive CC
- Adaptive Lane Assist
- Adaptive Blind Spot Assist
- Adaptive Steering
- Front heated/cooled seats
- Rear heated seats
- Rear entertainment system (DVD screens for rear passengers)
- Auto Headlights
- Auto Windscreen Wipers
- Panoramic full length sun roof
- Ford Sync 3 entertainment system
- Sony 12 speaker sound system
- Ambient interior lighting (colors)
- Auto lift tailgate with hands free
- Keyless entry and start
- Remote start
- Comfort access
- Code access

To sweeten the deal, above the massive discount the following was thrown in:
- Extended warranty to 5 year 100k km
- Extended service to 5 year 100k km
- iPhone 8
- 1 year insurance
- 3M window Tint
- Nano Ceramic coating
- Registration

Pics:

So this marks our first brand new car after driving BMW's for the most part of the last 12 years.

While the Ford is not as premium as any BMW, it does compete well in terms of power and has the right amount of features to create comfort.

Sent it for ceramic coating to Gtech as they are Gtechniq agents. Epic work, the car looks amazing. The color is deeper and has an amazing reflective shine.

Enjoy!
2018 Ford Edge Sport (GCC)

-

Re: Arbee's 2018 Ford Edge Sport

Postby Arbee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 am

And 1 x photo opportunity at the recently opened Rove Hotel - If you ever coming to Dubai on a budget, try the Rove Hotels!

The rear entertainment system was fitted last week, 2 10inch screens coupled with wireless headsets. The system is pretty cool, has IOS and Android connectivity via app, which allowed for streaming and mirroring, also has USB and SD card slots. The screen can be used individually, or linked so both screen show the same stream.

Some random pictures...

Just done almost 1500km now and I must say that this car, more so the brand is beginning to amaze me. The last couple years i have mostly driven BMW's, so the premium quality has spoiled me and moving over to Ford left a 'downgraded' mindset, i must say that this is a mistake. Yes, the leather does not smell as elegant as a BMW, but the look and feel is (IMO) as good, if not better. I drove the car through the revs and gears, its heavy but the engine pulls well and get to higher speeds quick enough. Engine sounds amazing, has that American muscle roar.

The interior comfort is simply amazing, 4 adults and 2 kids comfortably seated with luggage, not a problem. Boot is huge!

Cooling seats is welcomed in this climate and really makes a long drive a lot easier. Coupled with the Adaptive CC and lane assist, its almost like driving in your sleep - Not that i know how this feels, LOL. Remote start has me chuffed, especially in this climate, where i can start it and let the AC cool the car down when parked out in the 40+ degree heat.

Overall, i will happily say, "I dont miss the X3 or regret buying this car"... and, the Ford Edge is "value for money" over the competition...

Site Moderator
Make: Merc
Model: C63
Type: 507Edition
Year: 2013

Postby Stu » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:53 pm

looks awesome - congrats
Polo20vBIGT
Kia Sportage
Rustler Bakkie
507 Edition C63 - The Dragon

+
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST3
Year: 2014

Postby FrozenfiST » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Looks very nice, pitty the Edge is not sold ins SA, or what I am aware off.

What are the illuminated numbers on the door frame for?

Also what is it like living in UAE? Been thinking of immigrating myself and must admit the zero income tax is very appealing... :-)
Current: Ford Fiesta ST180
Ex:
Hyundai Accent 1.6 SR
Opel Corsa 1.8 GSi
Opel Astra 1.6i

-

Postby Arbee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:49 am

Stu wrote:looks awesome - congrats

Thanks Stu :D

-

Postby Arbee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:01 pm

FrozenfiST wrote:Looks very nice, pitty the Edge is not sold ins SA, or what I am aware off.

What are the illuminated numbers on the door frame for?

Also what is it like living in UAE? Been thinking of immigrating myself and must admit the zero income tax is very appealing... :-)

Thanks bud... Yeah the Edge is not sold in SA.

That the combination code lock, so a 5 digit code unlocks the car. However, still need the key to start. Works well i guess, if you need to leave the car for someone else to collect, then lock the key in the car and give them the code.

Living in the UAE, well, its hot... Like really really hot, yesterday max'd at 52 degrees. Humidity is also sometimes about 80%, mostly between 40% and 70% which has become somewhat bearable to us now. But, on the overall, its been the best decision i made. Finding a good paying job is a challenge. Safety is amazing, i live in Abu Dhabi, sometimes i leave the car idling while running errands so the AC runs.

Car prices are reasonable, especially if you buy during Ramadan (Fasting month). I bought the Edge in Ramadan, I got like a 200k zar discount plus a whole lot of additionals.

-

Postby Arbee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:07 pm

Got me some Carbon Fibressss...

Key fob cover, pretty good quality.

+
Model: Fusion
Type: 2.0 TDCI
Year: 2015

Postby piranha786 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Arbee wrote:Got me some Carbon Fibressss...

Key fob cover, pretty good quality.

I have the same key, won’t mind getting me a cover like that

-

Postby Arbee » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:18 am

piranha786 wrote:I have the same key, won’t mind getting me a cover like that

I can get a cover and send it down for you. But, in ZAR, its not cheap... you looking at around R900 for the CF cover.

-

Postby Arbee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:53 am

Being summer, generally the UAE is quieter as most either hibernate in the AC controlled or leave the country to cooler climates. We kinda stuck here this summer cos my wife is preggies and cannot travel, plus im at work saving up majority of my leave for when the baby is born and December so we can come to SA.

Anyways, with my wife and daughter on school holidays, i took 2 days off work and made the last weekend a long one. We booked in at Rixos Hotel in Ras Al Khaima - one of the 7 Emirates of the UAE which is sort of like a big Sun City, mostly resorts, lots of water sports and ocean.

Another attraction in RAK, is the Jebel Jais mountain, https://jebeljais.ae/about-jebel-jais/
Of-course, i had to stop through the 40 minute drive up and down to take some snaps of the Edge... What amazing scenery and roads...

-

Postby Arbee » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:40 pm

Been a while since updating this... Well, not much done to the Edge, just the usual fuel, wash, drive! Sitting on just over 6000km currently and we are very much enjoying the versatility and comfort from this SUV.

My son was born 3 weeks ago, so we've been busy with that. Interior now features his car seat:

A new and exclusive car wash opened near my house and its such a pleasing place to spend an hour or two. It has a beautiful appearance and the service is great too. Built in coffee shop makes the time here enjoyable! Some pics of the Edge getting a weekly clean!

First time seeing the engine bay since July... No real need to check anything here.

+
Make: Audi
Model: 1.8T
Type: A4
Year: 2013

Postby r0ckf1re » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:07 pm

This SUV is hot. The carwash looks like a lab. lol
fiST killer V.2

-

Postby Arbee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:25 am

r0ckf1re wrote:This SUV is hot. The carwash looks like a lab. lol

Shot Vix! You will get to enjoy it next month when you here!

-
Model: Fiesta ST
Type: ST180

Postby DirtyD » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Damn .. sexy SUV man , love it . and UAE looks like a dream, that car wash :smt007 :smt007 :smt007
Current : 1. 2018 Ford Fiesta ST (ST180 / 1.6 GDTi EcoBoost)

2. 1974 VW Beetle 1600

Ex :

3. 2012 VW Golf 6 1.4 TSI Comfortline (90kw)

4. 1996 Honda Ballade 150i Luxline

5. 2005 Opel Corsa 1.7CDTI Sport

-

Postby Arbee » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:14 am

DirtyD wrote:Damn .. sexy SUV man , love it . and UAE looks like a dream, that car wash :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

Thank DirtyD!

'ST'

Next

Return to Ford Showroom