-
Make: Ford
Model: Territory
Type: ST
Year: 2007

Territory ST: oil warning light issue

Postby Marcb » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi all,

I own a '07 ST since new, which now approaches 330 000 kms. One of the best rides I ever owned! It has been well maintained by the dealer but lately one annoying issue has come up.

The oil warning light comes on when hot and idling (e.g. at a robot). It goes off as soon as the engine is revved to pull away. The car doesn't overheat, there is enough oil (of the right spec) in the sump, the oil pump was replaced a few days ago and so was the oil switch sending unit. Another hint is that when I shift from Drive to Neutral whilst idling, the oil light goes off momentarily then comes back. The dealer can't figure it out!

The issue is that, in addition to the annoying "ding dong" bell every time I stop and idle, there may be something really wrong in there. After all these warning lights are there for a reason. Is there a Turbo or gearbox connection maybe?

I would really appreciate all advice I can get and even the most far fetched suggestions will receive attention.

Thanks,

Marc.

-
Model: Territory
Type: ST
Year: 2009

Re: Territory ST: oil warning light issue

Postby triplethree » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Apologies, yes I know this is an old request but just in case someone else has this issue lets help a brother out. Its the turbo oil filter screen that is clogged. The main line pressure switch/warning light is after this filter in the line so when it clogs the ding dong ding dong will drive you insane. Starts intermittently and gets worse until you change it for a new filter screen. Its above the water/oil heat exchanger for the transmission so is a [email protected] to get to. Under the inlet manifold side, there is a metal pipe running to the turbo on the other side of engine. Write the day off. The engine is in no danger of oil starvation but the turbo is, sooner the better!

regards

+
Model: Mondeo
Type: ST220
Year: 2004

Re: Territory ST: oil warning light issue

Postby Big Blue » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Regardless of the thread necro, thanks for the advice!

It's good to know this...

Return to General Ford Tech Talk