+
Make: Ford
Model: Ranger
Type: WildTrak
Year: 2015

Help Needed: How to strip 2014 Ikon door

Postby Danger Boy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:41 pm

Good day ladies and gents.

Any advice on how to remove the inner plastic cover on the driver side door? Do I need to buy new clips from Ford?

**** Mozambican police got upset and dropped my drivers license into the door :shock:

+
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: 2.0 Si Sedan
Year: 2009

Re: Help Needed: How to strip 2014 Ikon door

Postby VinBot » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Danger Boy wrote:Good day ladies and gents.

Any advice on how to remove the inner plastic cover on the driver side door? Do I need to buy new clips from Ford?

**** Mozambican police got upset and dropped my drivers license into the door :shock:

Depending on which side of the door glass it dropped into, you might have to remove the vapour barrier to get it out. Getting the door panel off will be very similar to that of the MK6 Fiesta - there are numerous guides on YouTube etc, just Google. Only difference I can think off is that the inner door grab handle cover might be slightlky different. Just clip the cover off to get to the bolts behind it. The rest should be like the Fiesta. Popper clips only need to be replaced if they break during the removal process. Check for things like window winders and the cover by the door mirror that might have to be removed first before the door panel can be removed...

Return to General Ford Tech Talk