Some interior/exterior fixes & changes - HELP

Moderator: Other Ford Moderators

-
User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:15 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: 1.6 Trend 3dr
Year: 2004

Some interior/exterior fixes & changes - HELP

Postby Fadiel.Arendze » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi Guys

I have a list of some interior and lighting things i want to change and fix...

1) I need assistance on how to remove the rear brake light assembly under the rear roof spoiler??? any ideas (the light works but you can barely see it when you apply the brakes, very dimm)

2) Also my seat tilt handles have broken on both sides. Any ideas on how to remove them?

3) If possible, any ideas on what spot & headlamp bulbs i can go with to get a blue light, without having to go HID? I understand the Osram Nightbreakers emit a white light? Not a fan of the standard yellowish light

4) Where can i get my hand on a red FORD emblem/badge for the back and front?

5) Can i change the green light that displays (the speedo, rev counter, water temp & fuel) on the dash to blue?

6) what is the best way to clean the roof liner? its goten a bit black in some areas

Sorry for all the question, its just these are the things i want to tackle this week...

+
User avatar
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:38 am
Location: now available in kempton park
Make: Ford
Model: fiesta
Type: ecoboost
Year: 2013

Re: Some interior/exterior fixes & changes - HELP

Postby blackacid » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:23 pm

I know if you take the cluster put there might be a red lense in that you can take out and you can go old school and paint the buld blue on get a clear 3mm perspex and paint that blue or just go to the fleamarket and buy a blue led that fits in the cluster socket just be careful not to damage the cluster wire at the top some of those wires are paper thin
Mr muscle works
Lights go for 60 55W if you go for the 100w ypu might just melt your head light lense ( you get the blue xeon lights blue tint but bright white

Hope it helps correct me if im wrong

Only my 2cents of advice.
Current: FIESTA ECOBOOST TITANIUM
Ex: Figo TDCI
Ex: ka baby ST
Ex: anglia with all the nice little bits and pieces
A special thank you to my sponsor, my WALLET

+
User avatar
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Cape Town
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2014

Re: Some interior/exterior fixes & changes - HELP

Postby zaqwsx15 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:04 pm

see below

Fadiel.Arendze wrote:Hi Guys

I have a list of some interior and lighting things i want to change and fix...

1) I need assistance on how to remove the rear brake light assembly under the rear roof spoiler??? any ideas (the light works but you can barely see it when you apply the brakes, very dimm) remove the rubber grommet - push a flat head screwdriver in and push the metal clip out....remove the whole unit. change bulbs

2) Also my seat tilt handles have broken on both sides. Any ideas on how to remove them? get replacement clip and tension cable for 750 from ford...get them to change it...its a nightmare, you would need to split the entire seat - its a common problem on the ml6 and not one thats solved easily without paying for it

3) If possible, any ideas on what spot & headlamp bulbs i can go with to get a blue light, without having to go HID? I understand the Osram Nightbreakers emit a white light? Not a fan of the standard yellowish light phillips crystalvision h4 high low, for main, phillips crystalvision h11 for fogs...expect to pay around 400 per set.

4) Where can i get my hand on a red FORD emblem/badge for the back and front? contact c-boys, contact robin, contact cornel, contact many people who do gel overlay badges (thats their real name)

5) Can i change the green light that displays (the speedo, rev counter, water temp & fuel) on the dash to blue? contact oliver (catman) - he is the ONLY person that specialises in full LED swaps on ALL lighting units for the cars....amazing work and greatly priced.

6) what is the best way to clean the roof liner? its goten a bit black in some areas - sunlight and a damp cloth

Sorry for all the question, its just these are the things i want to tackle this week...
Cape Town Stock

Image

-
User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:15 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: 1.6 Trend 3dr
Year: 2004

Re: Some interior/exterior fixes & changes - HELP

Postby Fadiel.Arendze » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:04 am

Thanks guys for the response and help...

@ zaqwsx15 see my response in blue to 2 of you r responses

zaqwsx15 wrote:see below

Fadiel.Arendze wrote:Hi Guys

I have a list of some interior and lighting things i want to change and fix...

1) I need assistance on how to remove the rear brake light assembly under the rear roof spoiler??? any ideas (the light works but you can barely see it when you apply the brakes, very dimm) remove the rubber grommet - push a flat head screwdriver in and push the metal clip out....remove the whole unit. change bulbs

2) Also my seat tilt handles have broken on both sides. Any ideas on how to remove them? get replacement clip and tension cable for 750 from ford...get them to change it...its a nightmare, you would need to split the entire seat - its a common problem on the ml6 and not one thats solved easily without paying for it

3) If possible, any ideas on what spot & headlamp bulbs i can go with to get a blue light, without having to go HID? I understand the Osram Nightbreakers emit a white light? Not a fan of the standard yellowish light phillips crystalvision h4 high low, for main, phillips crystalvision h11 for fogs...expect to pay around 400 per set.

4) Where can i get my hand on a red FORD emblem/badge for the back and front? contact c-boys, contact robin, contact cornel, contact many people who do gel overlay badges (thats their real name) I noticed they are in JHB, im in CT... will they be able to courier?

5) Can i change the green light that displays (the speedo, rev counter, water temp & fuel) on the dash to blue? contact oliver (catman) - he is the ONLY person that specialises in full LED swaps on ALL lighting units for the cars....amazing work and greatly priced.
do you have any details for catman, cant seem to find him on the forum? and is he in Cape Town?
6) what is the best way to clean the roof liner? its goten a bit black in some areas - [color=#FF0000]sunlight and a damp cloth


Sorry for all the question, its just these are the things i want to tackle this week...

-
User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:15 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: 1.6 Trend 3dr
Year: 2004

Re: Some interior/exterior fixes & changes - HELP

Postby Fadiel.Arendze » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:05 am

Ignore question 6 in blue

+
User avatar
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 pm
Location: Behind the camera
Make: Audi
Model: A4
Type: 1.8T
Year: 2005

Re: Some interior/exterior fixes & changes - HELP

Postby Phantom » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:08 am

Oliver is in JHB unfortunately.
Image

2005 B6 Audi A4 1.8T

Previous:
2005 Opel Corsa Lite

+
User avatar
Posts: 13516
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: Pulling BFORKED out the Fowel van
Make: Audi
Model: 1.8T
Type: A4
Year: 2013

Re: Some interior/exterior fixes & changes - HELP

Postby r0ckf1re » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:12 am

Contact Violet Electoronics.
fiST killer V.2
Image

-
User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:15 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: 1.6 Trend 3dr
Year: 2004

Re: Some interior/exterior fixes & changes - HELP

Postby Fadiel.Arendze » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:37 am

r0ckf1re wrote:Contact Violet Electoronics.



I dont see them being in the cape?

+
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 11:22 pm
Location: JHB
Make: Lexus
Model: IS
Type: 250SE
Year: 2007

Re: Some interior/exterior fixes & changes - HELP

Postby sugars » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:07 am

Fadiel.Arendze wrote:
r0ckf1re wrote:Contact Violet Electoronics.



I dont see them being in the cape?


We can ship to you overnight.
Sugars

http://www.violetelectronics.co.za
suganatvioletelectronics.co.za
011 475 8332 or 083 630 7287
FK Products SA's ONLY Authorised Dealer
SA Agent for Dectane, Germany

Return to Ford Interior/Exterior and Lighting Modifications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest