Moderator: Other Ford Moderators

+
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST
Year: 2012

Re: Finsport in South Africa

Postby RudiOSTer » Sat May 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Phantom wrote:Hasn't this been said since November last year?

Gerhard finally got hold of all needed to flash ecu's. It's literally on it's way to SA by air. So he should start testing, send logs to UK and come forward with production maps real soon. :D

Had just as many delays with revo... Cobb had the lead, but with 2 more serious players also coming to play all is about to change. That's why he said "watch this space". :)
COBB ATR (OTC Custom Tuned)
KARTER CAI, TIP, Zorst, DC/DP.
Airtec intercooler, WMI, H&R.
MiView Digital (PTY) LTD
www[dot]miviewdigital[dot]com

+
Make: Audi
Model: A4
Type: 1.8T
Year: 2005

Postby Phantom » Sat May 03, 2014 3:36 pm

RudiOSTer wrote:

Gerhard finally got hold of all needed to flash ecu's. It's literally on it's way to SA by air. So he should start testing, send logs to UK and come forward with production maps real soon. :D

Had just as many delays with revo... Cobb had the lead, but with 2 more serious players also coming to play all is about to change. That's why he said "watch this space". :)

Ah okay cool :smt023

2005 B6 Audi A4 1.8T

Previous:
2005 Opel Corsa Lite

Master of Lame
Make: Fiesta
Model: MK VII ST
Type: 1.6 GTDI
Year: 2013

Postby Drifter » Sat May 03, 2014 6:32 pm

No, the maps were ready more than a year ago, just the delivery method was an issue for non workshop flash. They have the I-Flash lead now that allows customer to flash without visiting the workshop. I have the map on my PC, just waiting for the tool. It works like the old DS3000 or COBB.
Frozen White MK7 ST
EX Tonic MK6 ST 190

FWD traction? Oh, you mean 3rd gear
Finsport CAI
KontrolFreakz [Custom 76mm full exhaust
Removed to make nano happy
Uprated rear engine mount
Finsport Stage 2

+
Model: Fiesta Mk7

Postby bevSTer » Mon May 05, 2014 12:47 am

What would this I-lead cost? And if u are based in cpt would they tune and make adjustments? Cpt guys haven't really been successful with software. I think it is because the map has not been adj/fine tuned to cpt specifically. We have road tested and dyno tested the sw. The illusion of gains given by the increased torque figure and also lil to declining peak power gains are def not gains in my book lol. That's why I asked about fine tuning for cpt specifically? Will this be an option with finsport?

Master of Lame
Make: Fiesta
Model: MK VII ST
Type: 1.6 GTDI

Postby Drifter » Mon May 05, 2014 9:56 am

Yes, you can do logs and email Jay the results. Also he takes the stock map from YOUR car and applies the tweaks do that for you to reload. It's not a generic map.
Frozen White MK7 ST
EX Tonic MK6 ST 190

FWD traction? Oh, you mean 3rd gear
Finsport CAI
KontrolFreakz [Custom 76mm full exhaust
Removed to make nano happy
Uprated rear engine mount
Finsport Stage 2

+
Model: Fiesta
Year: 2014

Postby pacman » Thu May 15, 2014 11:41 am

RudiOSTer wrote:Hi guys.

As you know Finsport is a company in the U.K that manufacture and distribute performance (HW & SW) parts for our Focus, Fiesta St.
Jay the owner needed a representative in S.A and I took the responsibility...

Guys like Drifter already got some goods from them. I'm sure most of you have seen his intake imported from there.

So, Jay can give me discounts and we can obviously save on shipping doing group buys. He told me that there was a couple of interested folks already and need you to get in contact with me instead..

Look at their website http://www.finsport.co.uk/ to get an idea of what the do and let me know what you need and we can talk money. I will soon get a price list from them and post it here!

HI RudiOSTer,

Will you be able to pm me the discounted price for the Finsport CAI for MK7 FiST including shipping, import duties, vat .etc.?

Thanks
Current: 2014 Solid Blue MK7 Fiesta ST (KontrolFreakz Custom CAI + Tripple R CF splitter)
Ex: 2011 Alpine White BMW 120d coupe
Ex: 2011 Red Polo 6R GTI

+
Model: Fiesta
Year: 2014

Postby pacman » Sun May 18, 2014 10:09 am

bevSTer wrote:What would this I-lead cost? And if u are based in cpt would they tune and make adjustments? Cpt guys haven't really been successful with software. I think it is because the map has not been adj/fine tuned to cpt specifically. We have road tested and dyno tested the sw. The illusion of gains given by the increased torque figure and also lil to declining peak power gains are def not gains in my book lol. That's why I asked about fine tuning for cpt specifically? Will this be an option with finsport?

Hi Bevster,

Got ur pm, unfortunately cant reply yet.
Mail me at [email protected] and we can discuss.

Thanks
Current: 2014 Solid Blue MK7 Fiesta ST (KontrolFreakz Custom CAI + Tripple R CF splitter)
Ex: 2011 Alpine White BMW 120d coupe
Ex: 2011 Red Polo 6R GTI

-
Model: Territory
Year: 2007

Postby TerroriST » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:24 pm

Will fin sport be able to help us Territory ST guys?? Cant seem to find anybody that do sw on this big turbo motor. Help will be much appreciated.

+
Model: Focus
Year: 2012

Postby RudiOSTer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:16 am

pacman wrote:
RudiOSTer wrote:Hi guys.

As you know Finsport is a company in the U.K that manufacture and distribute performance (HW & SW) parts for our Focus, Fiesta St.
Jay the owner needed a representative in S.A and I took the responsibility...

Guys like Drifter already got some goods from them. I'm sure most of you have seen his intake imported from there.

So, Jay can give me discounts and we can obviously save on shipping doing group buys. He told me that there was a couple of interested folks already and need you to get in contact with me instead..

Look at their website http://www.finsport.co.uk/ to get an idea of what the do and let me know what you need and we can talk money. I will soon get a price list from them and post it here!

HI RudiOSTer,

Will you be able to pm me the discounted price for the Finsport CAI for MK7 FiST including shipping, import duties, vat .etc.?

Thanks

Please contact Drifter for all your Finsport questions. He is the main Guru :D
COBB ATR (OTC Custom Tuned)
KARTER CAI, TIP, Zorst, DC/DP.
Airtec intercooler, WMI, H&R.
MiView Digital (PTY) LTD
www[dot]miviewdigital[dot]com

Previous

Return to Ford Performance Mods