Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Moderator: Other Ford Moderators

+
User avatar
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Figo
Type: 1.4 Ambiente
Year: 2013

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Ryan Snyman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:59 pm

that's with the induction on at powerflow with no tuning just a power run! Andrea didn't give me a printout.
Live and love as if today is your last day!

+
User avatar
Posts: 717
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:06 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2014

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby W0LF » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Ambient Correction Factor is meant to equalize readings at different times so that they can be compared.
E.g. Air pressure makes a difference

One day may have a slightly higher air pressure than another because of temperature.etc
Image
2014 Fiesta ST (Bella) - 145.9wkW - 364wNm (KAR - JHB)
ex: 08 Fiesta ST (Gabby) 115 wkW - 184 wNm (JDM - Cape Town)
ex: 08 Fiesta ST (Snow White) 99 wkW - 169 wNm (JDM - Cape Town)

+
User avatar
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Figo
Type: 1.4 Ambiente
Year: 2013

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Ryan Snyman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:01 pm

interesting. so do the fiesta sts stock push what they claim? 145 I think I heard?
Live and love as if today is your last day!

Ek Mod Alles!
User avatar
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Centurion
Make: Range Rover
Model: Evoque
Type: Dynamic
Year: 2013

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Bloubul7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Hang on dude. I didn't say they are fake. Firstly you can't compare the correction factors on different days and different dynos.

What I merely pointed out for you was that KSD changed the correction factor from -1% to 1% between your before and after dyno which happened on the same day.

The correction factor is normally weather based, thus it could have been that the weather changed between the 2 dyno's (morning and afternoon). What I have found quite a few times is that the dyno operators plays around with the correction factors to make their customers feel good i.e. false value for money.
Playa25 wrote:he did nothing at first but when he side kicks started throwing punches from the side

Image

Current - RR Evoque
2011 Bantam 1.6i
ex - Focus ST
Ford Fiesta
Mazda RX 8
Ford Fiesta ST

+
User avatar
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Figo
Type: 1.4 Ambiente
Year: 2013

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Ryan Snyman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:09 pm

ah ok.. Now that's what I was asking sorry I didn't mean to jump the gun there. Well I know that the car was done 1 time and that was afternoon... so I wonder!

Would what was done on that graph have made a huge diff ? IE: +1, -!%?
Live and love as if today is your last day!

Ek Mod Alles!
User avatar
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Centurion
Make: Range Rover
Model: Evoque
Type: Dynamic
Year: 2013

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Bloubul7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Ryan Snyman wrote:ah ok.. Now that's what I was asking sorry I didn't mean to jump the gun there. Well I know that the car was done 1 time and that was afternoon... so I wonder!

Would what was done on that graph have made a huge diff ? IE: +1, -!%?

Wouldn't make a massive difference, the change is only 2% 1.4kw. But it usually proves the character of the installer.
Playa25 wrote:he did nothing at first but when he side kicks started throwing punches from the side

Image

Current - RR Evoque
2011 Bantam 1.6i
ex - Focus ST
Ford Fiesta
Mazda RX 8
Ford Fiesta ST

+
User avatar
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Figo
Type: 1.4 Ambiente
Year: 2013

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Ryan Snyman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Yes im with you, He said he also did the timing and something about the tps and some %s at what throttle position you at etc etc, All I know is Ive experienced a definite increase in the middle n top range of the tachometer.. So I geuss its okay.
Live and love as if today is your last day!

+
User avatar
Posts: 11534
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:58 am
Location: Nsuta Ghana
Make: Focus ST
Model: Karolina Kurkova
Type: 36-32-36
Year: 2006

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby leon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:30 pm

KnightLion wrote:IMHO it will be a waste of money


I sort of agree. I had various cammed cars before turbos came into my life and they alter the personality a bit. You just end up chasing the reline the get on the cam. It is very nice while you are doing that but it wastes fuel, makes the car [email protected] at cruising speeds and makes you girlfriend think you are a psycho!.
Hawking's radiation does not boil eggs


ImageImage

+
User avatar
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Figo
Type: 1.4 Ambiente
Year: 2013

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Ryan Snyman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:43 pm

haha that I can believe chasing the redline...
Live and love as if today is your last day!

+
User avatar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm
Location: Somerset West, Western Cape
Make: Ford
Model: Bantam
Type: ST90+
Year: 2009

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Eon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:08 am

leon wrote:
KnightLion wrote:IMHO it will be a waste of money


I sort of agree. I had various cammed cars before turbos came into my life and they alter the personality a bit. You just end up chasing the reline the get on the cam. It is very nice while you are doing that but it wastes fuel, makes the car [email protected] at cruising speeds and makes you girlfriend think you are a psycho!.


^^This :lol: Kinda reminds me why I don't have a GF

That's good power Ryan, I get around 73.3 kW and 122 Nm @ KSD with my 1300 8v. I would still go for the cams though, but nothing too wild for now. The SWR1 Cam was one of the best upgrades that I have done to my engine imho. Good value for money, because it's just one cam. Yours needs two so it will be twice as expensive thus your return on invesment will be lower, but if you have the money, go for it! :wink:
Last edited by Eon on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
'09 Ford Bantam 1.3i

K&N Apollo Induction Kit + CAI
266' Cam
SWR Branch
Ported Cylinder Head
Unichip Q
Cowley 50mm Free Flow

EX - '00 BMW E39 M5

Tubi Rumore Exhaust
TNT Branches
Xcede Software
Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers
Image

+
User avatar
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Figo
Type: 1.4 Ambiente
Year: 2013

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Ryan Snyman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:24 am

**** man tht I forgot, that I need 2 cams no ways im doing cams then!!!

HAHA yeah im happy now with the power but I went in a forum members 1.6mk7 with a full zorst n induction and im blown away, now I want a mk7 1.6 hehe
Live and love as if today is your last day!

+
User avatar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm
Location: Somerset West, Western Cape
Make: Ford
Model: Bantam
Type: ST90+
Year: 2009

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Eon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:39 pm

Bloubul7 wrote:
Ryan Snyman wrote:ah ok.. Now that's what I was asking sorry I didn't mean to jump the gun there. Well I know that the car was done 1 time and that was afternoon... so I wonder!

Would what was done on that graph have made a huge diff ? IE: +1, -!%?

Wouldn't make a massive difference, the change is only 2% 1.4kw. But it usually proves the character of the installer.


Sorry to hijack the thread a bit here, but while we're on the topic of dyno figures;
You're telling me that the 4% difference in ambient correction equals 2.8kW.
This means that when I brought my car back for a remap after the (expensive) head jobbie, the 6.2 kW that was gained on paper, was actually only 3.4 kW? Thus, should the test be conducted under -1% ambient correction again, my car would only have made 70.5 kW? ](*,)
Image
'09 Ford Bantam 1.3i

K&N Apollo Induction Kit + CAI
266' Cam
SWR Branch
Ported Cylinder Head
Unichip Q
Cowley 50mm Free Flow

EX - '00 BMW E39 M5

Tubi Rumore Exhaust
TNT Branches
Xcede Software
Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers
Image

Ek Mod Alles!
User avatar
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Centurion
Make: Range Rover
Model: Evoque
Type: Dynamic
Year: 2013

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Bloubul7 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Eon wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Ryan Snyman wrote:ah ok.. Now that's what I was asking sorry I didn't mean to jump the gun there. Well I know that the car was done 1 time and that was afternoon... so I wonder!

Would what was done on that graph have made a huge diff ? IE: +1, -!%?

Wouldn't make a massive difference, the change is only 2% 1.4kw. But it usually proves the character of the installer.


Sorry to hijack the thread a bit here, but while we're on the topic of dyno figures;
You're telling me that the 4% difference in ambient correction equals 2.8kW.
This means that when I brought my car back for a remap after the (expensive) head jobbie, the 6.2 kW that was gained on paper, was actually only 3.4 kW? Thus, should the test be conducted under -1% ambient correction again, my car would only have made 70.5 kW? ](*,)
Image

In essence yes, how much time elapsed between Dyno 5 and Dyno 10?
Playa25 wrote:he did nothing at first but when he side kicks started throwing punches from the side

Image

Current - RR Evoque
2011 Bantam 1.6i
ex - Focus ST
Ford Fiesta
Mazda RX 8
Ford Fiesta ST

+
User avatar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm
Location: Somerset West, Western Cape
Make: Ford
Model: Bantam
Type: ST90+
Year: 2009

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Eon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Bloubul7 wrote:
Eon wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Ryan Snyman wrote:ah ok.. Now that's what I was asking sorry I didn't mean to jump the gun there. Well I know that the car was done 1 time and that was afternoon... so I wonder!

Would what was done on that graph have made a huge diff ? IE: +1, -!%?

Wouldn't make a massive difference, the change is only 2% 1.4kw. But it usually proves the character of the installer.


Sorry to hijack the thread a bit here, but while we're on the topic of dyno figures;
You're telling me that the 4% difference in ambient correction equals 2.8kW.
This means that when I brought my car back for a remap after the (expensive) head jobbie, the 6.2 kW that was gained on paper, was actually only 3.4 kW? Thus, should the test be conducted under -1% ambient correction again, my car would only have made 70.5 kW? ](*,)
Image

In essence yes, how much time elapsed between Dyno 5 and Dyno 10?


I dunno, like 30min at best?
'09 Ford Bantam 1.3i

K&N Apollo Induction Kit + CAI
266' Cam
SWR Branch
Ported Cylinder Head
Unichip Q
Cowley 50mm Free Flow

EX - '00 BMW E39 M5

Tubi Rumore Exhaust
TNT Branches
Xcede Software
Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers
Image

Ek Mod Alles!
User avatar
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Centurion
Make: Range Rover
Model: Evoque
Type: Dynamic
Year: 2013

Re: Cams on a 1.4 Figo

Postby Bloubul7 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Eon wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Eon wrote:
Bloubul7 wrote:
Ryan Snyman wrote:ah ok.. Now that's what I was asking sorry I didn't mean to jump the gun there. Well I know that the car was done 1 time and that was afternoon... so I wonder!

Would what was done on that graph have made a huge diff ? IE: +1, -!%?

Wouldn't make a massive difference, the change is only 2% 1.4kw. But it usually proves the character of the installer.


Sorry to hijack the thread a bit here, but while we're on the topic of dyno figures;
You're telling me that the 4% difference in ambient correction equals 2.8kW.
This means that when I brought my car back for a remap after the (expensive) head jobbie, the 6.2 kW that was gained on paper, was actually only 3.4 kW? Thus, should the test be conducted under -1% ambient correction again, my car would only have made 70.5 kW? ](*,)
Image

In essence yes, how much time elapsed between Dyno 5 and Dyno 10?


I dunno, like 30min at best?

If that is the base then they have definitely changed the correction factor to give you a false reading. The chances is very slim that the environmental factors changed in 30 minutes to warrant a 4% change in the correction factor.
Playa25 wrote:he did nothing at first but when he side kicks started throwing punches from the side

Image

Current - RR Evoque
2011 Bantam 1.6i
ex - Focus ST
Ford Fiesta
Mazda RX 8
Ford Fiesta ST

PreviousNext

Return to Ford Performance Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest