Rocam 1600 throttle body size OD and ID?

Moderator: Other Ford Moderators

+
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Type: ST225
Year: 2008

Rocam 1600 throttle body size OD and ID?

Postby Skaap » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:53 am

anyone know of hand what size it is?

i have this idea to build my own induction for my bantam, but i believe using a smaller diameter pipe, it will increase the airflow speed from the induction, thus giving more power egor.... also the longer the tube, the more torque is gained, the shorter the tubing, the more speed. so i want to find the middle ground.
LOUD pipes Save LIVES!!
Chicks dig me because im FLUFFY!
ImageImage
98% of people hate Jeremy Clarkson. If you are part of the 2% which doesn't, put this in your sig!

+
Model: Bantam
Type: ST90+
Year: 2009

Re: Rocam 1600 throttle body size OD and ID?

Postby Eon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:23 am

Skaap wrote:anyone know of hand what size it is?

i have this idea to build my own induction for my bantam, but i believe using a smaller diameter pipe, it will increase the airflow speed from the induction, thus giving more power egor.... also the longer the tube, the more torque is gained, the shorter the tubing, the more speed. so i want to find the middle ground.

I have a spare one lying around at home. Will measure it tonight for you. Regarding the 'tubing', are you not confusing the induction pipe dimensions with the intake/inlet manifold runner dimensions? I have also been doing some research on intakes and AFAIK, the thickness and length of the tubing only applies to the individual manifold runner pipes that come after the throttlebody, and before the inlet ports of the head. Anything before the throttlebody doesn't matter what thickness or length really. The temperature of the air it's sucking should be more of a concern. I have recently experimented by putting a 1600 intake (thicker and longer runners) on my 1300 engine, and noticed a decline in low-down torque, but it revs better in the high rpm range. I changed it back because I preferred the torque.
'09 Ford Bantam 1.3i

K&N Apollo Induction Kit + CAI
266' Cam
SWR Branch
Ported Cylinder Head
Unichip Q
Cowley 50mm Free Flow

EX - '00 BMW E39 M5

Tubi Rumore Exhaust
TNT Branches
Xcede Software
Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers

+
Make: Focus ST
Model: Karolina Kurkova
Type: 36-32-36
Year: 2006

Postby leon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:48 am

**** skaap, leef jy nog? :shock: Looooong time Bru!
Hawking's radiation does not boil eggs

ImageImage

+
Model: Focus
Type: ST225
Year: 2008

Postby Skaap » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Eon, yeah sorry man.... yeas after the throttle body, but im sure if you smooth out the airflow before the throttle body you will see some gains, not so much on my NA, but a turbo car even more.

oom Leon, ja natuurlik.... onkruid vergaan nie.
LOUD pipes Save LIVES!!
Chicks dig me because im FLUFFY!
ImageImage
98% of people hate Jeremy Clarkson. If you are part of the 2% which doesn't, put this in your sig!

Return to Ford Performance Mods