-
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: 1.4
Year: 2010

Ford Fiesta 2010 ECU Upgrade and Manifold with mini Cat

Postby Henco Phyfer » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:20 am

Hi Guys,

So I'm looking on installing a Performance ECU in my Fiesta. What ECU do you guys recommend and why, I was thinking Dictator ?
And is it even worth doing the installation on the 14i. I'm planning on doing the manifold from SWR but I've read on some Forums that there is issues regarding the Engine light.

I currently have a free flow system installed from VIPER, they also said I'm going to have Probs with the Engine light even with the mini Cat.
I did email SWR and hey said I wont have probs with the engine light if I install a mini Cat.

Don't really know who to believe, so if any of you had first hand experience with this or some advice from anyone who know for certain would be much appreciated.

Thanx Fellow ford lovers

"Quote & Link Boss"
Model: Focus
Type: ST 225
Year: 2009

Re: Ford Fiesta 2010 ECU Upgrade and Manifold with mini Cat

Postby BigBear » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:06 pm

Henco Phyfer wrote:Hi Guys,

So I'm looking on installing a Performance ECU in my Fiesta. What ECU do you guys recommend and why, I was thinking Dictator ?
And is it even worth doing the installation on the 14i. I'm planning on doing the manifold from SWR but I've read on some Forums that there is issues regarding the Engine light.

I currently have a free flow system installed from VIPER, they also said I'm going to have Probs with the Engine light even with the mini Cat.
I did email SWR and hey said I wont have probs with the engine light if I install a mini Cat.

Don't really know who to believe, so if any of you had first hand experience with this or some advice from anyone who know for certain would be much appreciated.

Thanx Fellow ford lovers

Why would you want to replace the ECU with Dictator EMS ?

Not sure who can tune them or who has a tuning Platform for the maybe Celtic Tuning ?

De CAT with mini CAT should not give a MIL Light.. GL 8)
2009 Ford Focus ST 225 Frozen White 5 Door Leather + Sunroof (SOLD)
2006 Ford Focus 1.6 SI - White (SOLD)
2006 Ford Focus 1.6 SI - Sea Grey (SOLD)
2005 Ford Ranger 4000V6 4x4 SuperCab XLT (SOLD)
1978 Volkswagen Beetle 1600S

+
Make: BMW
Model: 3 Series
Type: 320d
Year: 2011

Postby Cornel » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Henco Phyfer wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanx Fellow ford lovers

I have a client that "tuned" his 1.4. he said its not worth it to do sw on the car. did not even gain 1wkw.
best is to do full exhaust, sound and looks.

not worth it to spend the money on these cars.

+
Model: Fiesta Titanium
Type: 1.6 3dr

Postby TS.170 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Ive had the SWR branch and de cat on my mk7 1.6. No mill eliminator needed . No engine light on 5 yrs down the line. It did give me some gains on the 1600 but you wont get anything significant on the 1.4. Ive heard of guys having issues with the flexi joint on the SWR branch but nothing for me . Guess I am lucky. If I were you and you want to change something then just do the backbox. But I expect a heavy drone which can be tiring on a long drive.
2010 Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 Titanium SWR Branch de cat CAI
Honda VFR 1200 F
Ex Ford Focus ST 225
Ex Ford Focus ST 170

-

Postby Henco Phyfer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:53 am

Thanks for all the replies, the plan is to swap the engine at a later stage to a 1600 and then I'm going to need the 1600 ECU or a Piggyback ECU so I thought I might as well buy the ECU now and then I can use it on the 1600 engine as well.

The guy from Viper said that its specifically my year model that's giving issues with the engine light.So yeah lol just don't want to spend the money and then the engine stays on :lol:

I have a full stainless steel system exhaust from the Cat backwards, its got a nice deep sound to it and its not harsh on the ears at all.

+

Postby Cornel » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:00 am

Henco Phyfer wrote:Thanks for all the replies, the plan is to swap the engine at a later stage to a 1600 and then I'm going to need the 1600 ECU or a Piggyback ECU so I thought I might as well buy the ECU now and then I can use it on the 1600 engine as well.

The guy from Viper said that its specifically my year model that's giving issues with the engine light.So yeah lol just don't want to spend the money and then the engine stays on :lol:

I have a full stainless steel system exhaust from the Cat backwards, its got a nice deep sound to it and its not harsh on the ears at all.

honestly you wasting your time. you wont gain that much fitting a 1.6.
if you want to do a engine swap rather go for the 2.0 fiesta st motor if you like n/a. you will gain a lot more out of that motor.

but if you like turbo cars rather buy a fiesta st.

the amount of money to pay for a n/a to mod it is not worth it.
on a fiesta st with 30k you can drive a full stage 2. with a lot of traction issues.
on a 2.0n/a costing your well over 80k is just madness and its still just a n/a motor

-

Postby Henco Phyfer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:48 am

I get what you saying Cornel, but let say I spend the 80k on the car or on the engine, then my car will be exactly how I wanted it to be and it. Lets say I buy the ST witch id love to if i had the money, that's round about 300k more or less.

I know when i'm done with my Fiesta it wont be an ST but it will defiantly be one of a kind.

Just a quick question though the 2l ST engine does it fit or am I going to have to do some mods to make it fit ?

I wanted to do the swap and turbo the 1600 engine but if the 2l ST fits then ill rather go that root.

I know to you guys I seem crazy for wanting to do this but that's the thing I want to drive something that nobody else drives if you get what i'm saying. :)

+

Postby Cornel » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:57 am

Henco Phyfer wrote:I get what you saying Cornel, but let say I spend the 80k on the car or on the engine, then my car will be exactly how I wanted it to be and it. Lets say I buy the ST witch id love to if i had the money, that's round about 300k more or less.

I know when i'm done with my Fiesta it wont be an ST but it will defiantly be one of a kind.

Just a quick question though the 2l ST engine does it fit or am I going to have to do some mods to make it fit ?

I wanted to do the swap and turbo the 1600 engine but if the 2l ST fits then ill rather go that root.

I know to you guys I seem crazy for wanting to do this but that's the thing I want to drive something that nobody else drives if you get what i'm saying. :)

bud ask around I wanted to do it back in the day. think in 2012 the engine with gearbox, mounts wiring harness fitted was about 80-90k. plus once you do that it wont stop there. theres a lot of small hidden **** that goes with. buy another car then you park this one and build it like you want.

im still going the low boost route on mine. just a few other things that I have sort first. home stuff, wheels ext.

-

Postby Henco Phyfer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:54 am

But is that for the 2l ST engine, cuz they say the 1600 fit, only thing i'm going to need to change is the ECU, or that's what I've been told on this Forum. They said the 1600 fits with the 1400 gearbox and and engine mountings, side shafts etc.

Yeah I wish I had the buks to buy an ST and do that one.

The plan is to keep this one and play around with it and later on buying a everyday car. So that's why for now I'm not doing any major mods also just the basics until I have the second car then I'm going to start doing the major stuff.

Return to Ford Performance Mods