SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Moderator: Other Ford Moderators

-
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 pm
Make: Ford
Model: 1.4L Petrol
Type: Figo
Year: 2014

SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby KeldonM » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi guys,

I have a 2014 1.4 Figo, petrol.

I plan to service the vehicle myself since my dad was a Mac for 30+ years and I have learnt a thing or 2. I'm sure that will void my warranty so I thought why not improve the performance while I'm at it.

Does anyone have the SWR branches fitted on their Figo and if so, is there a significant improvement? Let me just be clear, I'm not trying to race anyone, I just want a noticable performance and fuel efficiency boost since I travel daily from PMB to DBN and back. Also, I'm a student so can't really afford a faster vehicle yet.

Thanks in advance.

Master of Lame
User avatar
Posts: 25472
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:36 pm
Make: Fiesta
Model: MK VII ST
Type: 1.6 GTDI
Year: 2013

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby Drifter » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:02 pm

You will gain some low-end to mid range torque and slightly better fuel consumption, but you wont rip up the streets. Keep in mind you will need a cat fooler or mini cat to keep the engine light off.
Frozen White MK7 ST
EX Tonic MK6 ST 190

FWD traction? Oh, you mean 3rd gear
Finsport CAI
KontrolFreakz [Custom 76mm full exhaust
Removed to make nano happy
Uprated rear engine mount
Finsport Stage 2

+
User avatar
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 pm
Location: Behind the camera
Make: Audi
Model: A4
Type: 1.8T
Year: 2005

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby Phantom » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:30 pm

Get a branch from Bosal, its exactly the same thing :)
Image

2005 B6 Audi A4 1.8T

Previous:
2005 Opel Corsa Lite

+
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 am
Location: KZN
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2005

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby mohamedeb » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Branch and 50 mm exhaust :D

+
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 am
Location: KZN
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2005

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby mohamedeb » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:13 pm

dude it's a 1.4 your branch doesn't have to necessarily be a SWR branch. Go to any exhaust shop and get the cheapest quote for a stainless steel branch.

+
User avatar
Posts: 4371
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:24 am
Location: JHB South
Make: Ford
Model: Mondeo
Type: 2.0 Ghia
Year: 2002

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby TimK » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:19 pm

My gut feel is that any improvement (if any) in fuel efficiency will be offset by the heavier right foot.
Compulsive grammar nazi, part-time spammer, googler and hoax slayer!
Image

+
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 am
Location: KZN
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2005

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby mohamedeb » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:24 pm

TimK wrote:My gut feel is that any improvement (if any) in fuel efficiency will be offset by the heavier right foot.


I totally agree. Happens with my St190 all the time. :)

-
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 pm
Make: Ford
Model: 1.4L Petrol
Type: Figo
Year: 2014

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby KeldonM » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Drifter wrote:You will gain some low-end to mid range torque and slightly better fuel consumption, but you wont rip up the streets. Keep in mind you will need a cat fooler or mini cat to keep the engine light off.


Hey man, thanks for the advice, how much will that cost me? :( There are always these added costs!
Last edited by KeldonM on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 pm
Make: Ford
Model: 1.4L Petrol
Type: Figo
Year: 2014

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby KeldonM » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Phantom wrote:Get a branch from Bosal, its exactly the same thing :)


Hey thanks for the advice. Is it much cheaper? I don't really no too much about modifications on vehicles, I just know how to do a good service and some other repairs.

-
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 pm
Make: Ford
Model: 1.4L Petrol
Type: Figo
Year: 2014

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby KeldonM » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:52 pm

mohamedeb wrote:dude it's a 1.4 your branch doesn't have to necessarily be a SWR branch. Go to any exhaust shop and get the cheapest quote for a stainless steel branch.


Hey thanks man. Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to performance mods. I just googled and also read on this forum a lot about SWR :lol:

-
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 pm
Make: Ford
Model: 1.4L Petrol
Type: Figo
Year: 2014

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby KeldonM » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:55 pm

TimK wrote:My gut feel is that any improvement (if any) in fuel efficiency will be offset by the heavier right foot.


Hahaha I hope I am immune to this effect! I hear gets real bad once infected :lol:

+
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 am
Location: KZN
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2005

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby mohamedeb » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:03 pm

Hey buddy if power is what you need then best to trade your 1.4 for the 1.4tdci and mod that as the torque will save you fuel and give you ample pulling power aswell as being much more accepting to mods.

+
User avatar
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:35 am
Location: Cape Town
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2003

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby SteveWyndhamRacing » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:37 am

KeldonM wrote:Hi guys,

I have a 2014 1.4 Figo, petrol.

I plan to service the vehicle myself since my dad was a Mac for 30+ years and I have learnt a thing or 2. I'm sure that will void my warranty so I thought why not improve the performance while I'm at it.

Does anyone have the SWR branches fitted on their Figo and if so, is there a significant improvement? Let me just be clear, I'm not trying to race anyone, I just want a noticable performance and fuel efficiency boost since I travel daily from PMB to DBN and back. Also, I'm a student so can't really afford a faster vehicle yet.

Thanks in advance.


Hi Keldon,

Herewith feedback from someone that has the SWR kit fitted on their Ford Figo (http://stevewyndhamracing.com/review-1- ... mance-kit/).

Feel free to contact Steve directly again if you have any further queries.

Cheers
Lindsay Roth

-
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 pm
Make: Ford
Model: 1.4L Petrol
Type: Figo
Year: 2014

Re: SWR 4-2-1 exhaust system for a Figo

Postby KeldonM » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:20 am

SteveWyndhamRacing wrote:
KeldonM wrote:Hi guys,

I have a 2014 1.4 Figo, petrol.

I plan to service the vehicle myself since my dad was a Mac for 30+ years and I have learnt a thing or 2. I'm sure that will void my warranty so I thought why not improve the performance while I'm at it.

Does anyone have the SWR branches fitted on their Figo and if so, is there a significant improvement? Let me just be clear, I'm not trying to race anyone, I just want a noticable performance and fuel efficiency boost since I travel daily from PMB to DBN and back. Also, I'm a student so can't really afford a faster vehicle yet.

Thanks in advance.


Hi Keldon,

Herewith feedback from someone that has the SWR kit fitted on their Ford Figo (http://stevewyndhamracing.com/review-1- ... mance-kit/).

Feel free to contact Steve directly again if you have any further queries.

Cheers
Lindsay Roth


Hi Lindsay, thanks for your message. Some say i will need a cat fooler or a mini cat to keep the engine light off, is this true and if so how much does this cost?

Thanks

Return to Ford Performance Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest