Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Moderator: Other Ford Moderators

-
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:44 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2010

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby MartinST36 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Hay Stu and Gazza
yeah man been busy and did not pay attention to the car much (broken heart I would call it)
Gazza sorry man, I cant see myself getting rid of that motor. Too much time and effort went into that car. Very sad that I ruined it

How you guys keeping otherwise?

-
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:44 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2010

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby MartinST36 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Hey Stu and Gazza. Happy to finally get familiar names here. Yes been busy. Lots and lots of 4x4 very little racing action and no fezzi mods. I just parked The Widow and left her there.

Nah Gazza seriously I cant see myself selling that motor too much love and effort went into that build. Was a sad day when I ruined it.

How are you guys keeping? it really has been a while

-
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:44 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2010

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby MartinST36 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:35 pm

hahahahaha so my post went to second page and I just made an idiot of me.

Site Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 41135
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 3:50 pm
Location: Kempton Park
Make: Merc
Model: C63
Type: 507Edition
Year: 2013

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby Stu » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:37 pm

MartinST36 wrote:Hey Stu and Gazza. Happy to finally get familiar names here. Yes been busy. Lots and lots of 4x4 very little racing action and no fezzi mods. I just parked The Widow and left her there.

Nah Gazza seriously I cant see myself selling that motor too much love and effort went into that build. Was a sad day when I ruined it.

How are you guys keeping? it really has been a while

yip still around - my fezz is now for sale been a lot of fun but I need to move on to other projects now
Polo20vBIGT
Kia Sportage
Rustler Bakkie
507 Edition C63 - The Dragon
Image

+
User avatar
Posts: 4765
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Cape Town
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2006

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby Gazza » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:45 pm

MartinST36 wrote:hahahahaha so my post went to second page and I just made an idiot of me.



All good man. Still enjoying the Fezzie in the Cape Town coastal air :lol: ... But after ALL these years I'm thinking of either moving on or building a motor like you got..... Then just have it as a toy. 8)
2006 Moondust silver MK6 Fiesta ST
Currently being rebuilt to 190+ spec

+
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 am
Location: KZN
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2005

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby mohamedeb » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:57 pm

MartinST36 wrote:
mohamedeb wrote:Hwzit man what went into your high compression build exactly?

Wiseco 12.6 compression forged piston and rods. 240hp Cossie cams, upgraded valve springs, cossie intake, 60 ml TB, Motor fully balanced bottom end all put together with ARP bolts, high flow cossie water pump and oil pump, Evo 2 miltek big bore branch mani. that is what I could think of of the top of my head. My map was sort of good but not great was still waiting on some adjustments but never went any further.
basically I bent my SWR ST190 motor (water locked) then decided to build this motor. At the time most of everything had to imported as there were not many local parts available. She was my baby until met a lamp post......the rest is history

Does anybody know if somebody has attempted this bantam build yet? Know of anybody that possibly could do the build that I can speak to get some framework of what would be needed and some of the challenges we might face. I have not bought a bantam yet but that is my thinking else I might just buy another Fezzie ST and do the transplant. A pick up will be nice though


Beautiful i myself have another N4JB sub assembly from my old ST laying around i am really really wanting to do a modded bottom end atleast. Was anything locally sourced ? or any idea how much the wiseco 12.6 high comp pistons , rods and valve springs costed you?

+
User avatar
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:42 am
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST210+
Year: 2005

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby moe676 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:51 pm

MartinST36 wrote:
mohamedeb wrote:Hwzit man what went into your high compression build exactly?

Wiseco 12.6 compression forged piston and rods. 240hp Cossie cams, upgraded valve springs, cossie intake, 60 ml TB, Motor fully balanced bottom end all put together with ARP bolts, high flow cossie water pump and oil pump, Evo 2 miltek big bore branch mani. that is what I could think of of the top of my head. My map was sort of good but not great was still waiting on some adjustments but never went any further.
basically I bent my SWR ST190 motor (water locked) then decided to build this motor. At the time most of everything had to imported as there were not many local parts available. She was my baby until met a lamp post......the rest is history

Does anybody know if somebody has attempted this bantam build yet? Know of anybody that possibly could do the build that I can speak to get some framework of what would be needed and some of the challenges we might face. I have not bought a bantam yet but that is my thinking else I might just buy another Fezzie ST and do the transplant. A pick up will be nice though


Amazing build you got there bud

Ive got the full st210 kit and my next mod was going the high comp route

Around howmuch do you think it will cost me going the high comp route and how reliable is it ?

Thanks
Current : 05 FIESTA ST 210+

FR&R Dyno 21/03/14 : 145whp 171nm
K.A.R Dyno 07/06/14 : 107.4wkw 175 nm
FR&R Dyno 18/06/15 : 160whp 161nm

Image

-
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:44 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2010

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby MartinST36 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Was more money than what I think it is worth to be honest. My motor is really bullet proof and actualy a little over engineered for here at the reef. NA cars do better at the coast but the trigger was pulled and I was commited allready.
I could not source any local parts at the time (4years ago) my whole build including second hand motor and suspension breaks etc was arround the R90k mark. I am sure I could have done it cheaper but I only sourced the best and original parts I could find and afford.
Gazza a toy my friend is the way to go and you guys are so lucky at the coast. I have a love for NA car they just react so predictable on track.
Aish Stu now I never thought I would hear those words. Good luck bud

+
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 am
Location: KZN
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2005

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby mohamedeb » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:22 pm

That kind of dedication must go a loooong way to build such a bullet proof motor.

-
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:44 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2010

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby MartinST36 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:46 am

moe676 wrote:Amazing build you got there bud

Ive got the full st210 kit and my next mod was going the high comp route

Around howmuch do you think it will cost me going the high comp route and how reliable is it ?

Thanks

Hi
I tried to respond to your PM but I believe that I need to post more before that becomes available to me. re the exhaust:
back then it was believed that a 57ml is the way to go (even staggered setup was believed to work for that extra torque feel) however and I am not saying that that info was wrong with the Miltek Big Bore mani a 63ml pipe work magic. I was really impressed with the performance.
My recommendation if you don't have a 63ml mani is to stick with the 57ml as it is tried and tested. I do believe that with the Cossie intake you are wasting your time with a 57ml mani though. Sort of doing the right thing up top and then spoiling it at the bottom if you know what I mean.
For me Cossie intake and then 63ml big bore long header mani with 63ml pipe. if you can also "power coat" both the headers and the cossi intake. Helps with temperature. My miltek was power coated inside and out. I still have to power coat my cossie intake though but I believe from others that it makes a huge difference

Ek Mod Alles!
User avatar
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Centurion
Make: Range Rover
Model: Evoque
Type: Dynamic
Year: 2013

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby Bloubul7 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:02 am

Good luck with the project.

The electronics side might be a bit of a pain as you will have to go with a full stand alone management and maybe a drive by cable throttle.
Playa25 wrote:he did nothing at first but when he side kicks started throwing punches from the side

Image

Current - RR Evoque
2011 Bantam 1.6i
ex - Focus ST
Ford Fiesta
Mazda RX 8
Ford Fiesta ST

-
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:44 pm
Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta
Type: ST
Year: 2010

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby MartinST36 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:46 am

thanks.
with that comment on the electronics if I manage to use engine and gearbox would I still have issues with electronics do you think. if yes would I only need to take fuel of the standard electronics and run that separate?
I must say if the Fiesta was not written off I was considering that anyway. Getting that motor mapped properly was beginning to be a pain.

Ek Mod Alles!
User avatar
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Centurion
Make: Range Rover
Model: Evoque
Type: Dynamic
Year: 2013

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby Bloubul7 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:02 pm

MartinST36 wrote:thanks.
with that comment on the electronics if I manage to use engine and gearbox would I still have issues with electronics do you think. if yes would I only need to take fuel of the standard electronics and run that separate?
I must say if the Fiesta was not written off I was considering that anyway. Getting that motor mapped properly was beginning to be a pain.

You might have problems with the communication to the PATS module and Instrument cluster. Also the ECU might act strange because it won't see the ABS & Airbag modules.

My guess would be that it would be simpler to just get a standalone management system.
Playa25 wrote:he did nothing at first but when he side kicks started throwing punches from the side

Image

Current - RR Evoque
2011 Bantam 1.6i
ex - Focus ST
Ford Fiesta
Mazda RX 8
Ford Fiesta ST

-
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:23 pm
Make: Mazda
Model: Soho
Type: 2.0
Year: 2000

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby Ctasquier » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Definitely possible,i have done a similar mod,2.0 duratec in a mazda soho(fiesta mk4).the fiST setup may differ as i harvested mine from a mondeo.
List of parts needed:

Gear shifter and cables,simply bolts in,may need drilling to correct spacing.

Driveshafts,if u using the ST 6speed this shouldnt be a prob.

Engine mounts,custom...pumaspeed.

ECU?...for your mods definitely standalone.

Clutch hydraulics,u can use the bantam master with ST slave.

I would suggest on the throttle to use the cable mondeo tb if u using a stock manifold.if u decide on itbs,prepare to cut some of the front cradle out.

Gearbox choices...

IB5+ or mtx75

Both of them fit in the chassis,i have heard that mtx75 diff can handle 250hp safely,havent got much info on the ib5+ box though.

It sounds like u have a mean engine!!!

+
User avatar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm
Location: Somerset West, Western Cape
Make: Ford
Model: Bantam
Type: ST90+
Year: 2009

Re: Fiesta ST150 motor into Bantam possibility

Postby Eon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:42 am

Ctasquier wrote:Definitely possible,i have done a similar mod,2.0 duratec in a mazda soho(fiesta mk4).the fiST setup may differ as i harvested mine from a mondeo.
List of parts needed:

Gear shifter and cables,simply bolts in,may need drilling to correct spacing.

Driveshafts,if u using the ST 6speed this shouldnt be a prob.

Engine mounts,custom...pumaspeed.

ECU?...for your mods definitely standalone.

Clutch hydraulics,u can use the bantam master with ST slave.

I would suggest on the throttle to use the cable mondeo tb if u using a stock manifold.if u decide on itbs,prepare to cut some of the front cradle out.

Gearbox choices...

IB5+ or mtx75

Both of them fit in the chassis,i have heard that mtx75 diff can handle 250hp safely,havent got much info on the ib5+ box though.

It sounds like u have a mean engine!!!


Please post a link for the pumaspeed mounts? What was the total spend on a conversion like this?
'09 Ford Bantam 1.3i

K&N Apollo Induction Kit + CAI
266' Cam
SWR Branch
Ported Cylinder Head
Unichip Q
Cowley 50mm Free Flow

EX - '00 BMW E39 M5

Tubi Rumore Exhaust
TNT Branches
Xcede Software
Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Ford Performance Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest